SCRUMPTIOUS dessert - packed with protein!

Options
SmashleeWpg
SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
I've created a new dessert that I'm totally crazy for, as it satiates my sweet tooth, is a GREAT serving of protein, is low sugar and lower carb for those that watch those marcros, and has ample vitamins too. I'm sure it's not a totally new discovery, but it's new to me!

I wish I had a photo, but I ate it too quickly and definitely didn't stop to take photos :)

Makes 1 serving:
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup partially frozen berries (I use a blueberry, raspberry, blackberry and strawberry blend, but whatever floats your boat)
1 square of Lindt Excellence dark chocolate 70% cocao, shaved

Place your yogurt in a dish, and top with partially thawed berries. Allow to sit for a minute; the berries chill the yogurt and cause it to thicken, creating an almost ice-creamlike consistency. Top with shaved Lindt square, and INDULGE!

The specs: 203 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated), 23g protein, 16g sugar, 5g fibre, 22g carbs, 77g sodium

100% delicious!

Replies

• goyabean
    goyabean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy will have to definitely try
  • joneskaw
    joneskaw Posts: 27
    Options
    bump
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious and so simple too!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Nowhere in my town sells (plain) greek yogurt.

Dryden.

You may have heard of it..
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also...take your fresh berries, dip them in greek yogurt, place on wax paper and freeze...wonderful little nutritious snack that you can pop a couple in and satisfy the sweet tooth as well :)
  • redpat74
    redpat74 Posts: 33
    Options
    Sounds great. I do this and add Grape Nuts (a coule of teaspoons.)