Suggestions on what to drink besides water

Options
So, I have my nearly-no-calorie caffeine in the a.m. and then the rest of the day I drink water because I don't want to blow a lot of calories on liquids. But man am I getting tired of water. I drink fizzy water and flat water and those no-calorie flavored waters--anyone have any suggestions that I'm not thinking of when it comes to drinking fluids? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea,diet soda, chocolate almond milk, homemade smoothies, lemonade with splenda, veggie juice, and my favorite-booze!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Lemon or lime or orange slices in your water.

Sorry, best I could do.....the best answers are already here....
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    crystal light...wonderful and no carbonation
  • iTswape
    iTswape Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've started to make iced tea with some splenda and really enjoy that. You can change the flavor of the tea as you get bored. My current favorite is Jasmine iced tea with some lemon and mint thrown in. So delicious!
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    coconut water - sweet taste few calories and 100% efficient for after workout to replace lost electolytes
  • almaster666
    almaster666 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Iced tea, no sugar.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hot herbal teas?
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I try different herbal tea or green tea mixes from specialized tea stores. There are so many flavours! I just bough a new one a few days ago with orange, mint, some berries and petal flowers mixed in it. Average price I pay is 12-14$ for 100g (400 ml tin?) and this last a long while. You will need an infuser or some teapot with a mesh in it but they are not very expensive.
  • knightfyre
    Options
    I flavor my water with various herbal teas. I have a big gallon pitcher of water at home and I'll make 2 cups of hot herbal tea, let it steep for 10-20 minutes then add it to the pitcher and let it cool.

Also, Essential oils are a good way to add flavor without adding calories, ie lemon, lime, orange, ect.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes...coconut water!!!!
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    i enoy the water and even begun preferring drinking sparkling to wine (where did my bad side go when i began this new lifestyle) but i have started drinking some herbel teas as an alternative i make a pot and drink one hot then drink the rest at varying degrees of coolness as i go through out the day. you can still drink coffee and tea, black is no cals splash of milk 1% is negiliable
    good luck in your quest for a new bevvy
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    Pepsi Max 0 calories
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, unsweet tea, herbal tea, diet soda.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Tea! It offers so many varieties and so many health benefits!!

Black: Has caffeine, great for promoting blood flow to the heart
    Green: Less caffeine, great for weight loss (especially matcha, which is a powder rather than leaves)
    White: Next to no caffeine, great for reducing blood sugar
    Rooibos: Naturally caffeine free, very nice iced and hot, excellent for women in that it has plenty of IRON.
    Fruit: Also nice iced, caffeine free, lots of vitamins in these
    Herbals: The benefits vary depending on the type

You get the point, it's an AWESOME way to get your way and add a litle flavor to your day!

Can you tell I'm a tea addict? :)
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    SEROUSLY you need to check out mineral water, not carbon water, it is specificly mineral watter it is infused with minerals, I started drinking it when I had joint problems cause I read it would help out and it did I didn't have pain at all after that,

I would enjoy my cold glass of mineral water in the morning, it's got that bite to it like soda, but it's really good for you and has 0 calories =)
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow! A lot of fantastic suggestions here! :flowerforyou:
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hot herbal teas?

^^ This ^^
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    More water!!!! You really can't go wrong with the stuff...unless you're down river from a cattle farm. That could be gross.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Powerade Zero.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Tea!!!! You can drink it hot or cold, black, green, white, herbal...the list goes on!! I kid not, I have close to 15 different types of tea in the house right now; literally a little bit of everything!
    Crystal Light helps...when I want something a bit different at work I'll mix one up.
    Beyond that, I'm a straight up water drinker. I can't drink soda (I can't taste carbonation) and I only rarely decide to blow all my macros out of the water with juice...