Weight loss after stomach flu -- how do I keep it off?

I've been eating right (not hard-core dieting, just watching what I'm eating) and exercising (jogging on the treadmill, running outside when I can, spinning classes every now and then) since November, and haven't been getting significant weight loss results. I'm definitely more toned and fit and feel great, but the weight just wouldn't come off.

Then I recently got a bad stomach flu and was down for the count for several weeks -- no appetite, nausea, etc, which was painful for someone who enjoys good food as much as I do! I'm finally recovered, and to my surprise found that I had lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. From 170 to 158.

I know it's not a healthy way (nor pleasant) to lose weight, but now that I'm here, how do I keep it off?

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    a lot of that may be dehydration, so I would say more than 60% will more than likely come back.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    You can't
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    that happened to me once, lost 10 pounds in 2 days of being sick - drank some water and it all came back.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    You will keep some of it...that said, eat clean and rehydrate. Perhaps your body won't realize that you're back :happy:

glad you feel better...
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 439 Member
    This happened to me in January! I lost 5 lbs in a week. I can tell you it was absolutely awful but the weightloss was a handy plus. I just kept eating healthy and exercising and I've now lost 18 or so lbs.

ETA I hope you feel better!!!
  • sarapesek
    sarapesek Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks everyone. I've been rehydrating for the last few days and haven't moved the scale up too much! Trying to eat as cleanly as possible. All the best to all of you.