Achilles pain

Options
I have started to get some pain in my foot, I think maybe the achilles tendon - the back of my foot is sore with movement, but not with touch. I have been cycling daily, bootcamp 3x a week, and running 3-5 miles 1-2x a week. The pain started yesterday, when I happened to do all three in one day, and had a particularly long cycle ride (as it is how I get around).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I never really sure when to heat and when to ice.

Thanks

Replies

• TheNewCrystal
    Options
    Im no doctor by any means but I feel that pain very often that you described. The only thing that has worked for me is WATER! Hydrate very often. Ive discovered that if I drink water non stop (not really, but almost) that I do not feel that pain. And if I do start to feel it coming on then I stop what Im doing and drink like a 16 ounce bottle of water and it goes away. Another thing is stretching, and "rolling" your feet or ankles. I do that every morning before getting out of bed and it seems to loosen my muscles. Hope that helps, & good luck!
  • orchidsand
    Options
    If you have a long cycle/run/etc. Warm up those areas, then stretch before heading out. The warm up & stretch time is worth it. Do not stretch cold joints/area of the body. To help the pain, try icing the area after a workout if at all possible. Anti inflammitories are good to help the pain and reduce the inflammatin that has most likely developed in the area, hat is why you have the pain. Use Ibuprofen/advil/etc.per package instructions...usually 2 tabs of 200mg each every 4-6 hrs.