Options
    I love reading some of these comments.

For me:

Feeling the cold after losing 'insulation'
    Enjoying the feeling when I've finished my workout walk
    Knowing that I can eat what I want as long as it is in moderation
    Buying new trousers does not always mean having to have drawstring waists

But mainly

People want to know what I've done but they seem to lack the will power to achieve it themselves.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Shoes are key. Whether you are walking, jogging, running, doing Zumba, lifting weights having a good pair of shoes for the right type of actvitiy really helps.

HRMs with chest straps are very helpful.

Nothing is off limits when it comes to food. I did quit soda pop long ago cold turkey but everything else I enjoy. good and bad all in moderation.

I have learned patience with myself. I'll have good weeks where I lose alot and at times I have gone months and lost nothing. I'm not in a race or some compettion. I'll get there when I get there/

I don't bring up or brag about my weight loss to people I know in my life unless I am asked. People outside of MFP ask for my "secrets" There isn't any. I tell them I track my intake, exercise, get my sleep and stay consistent. Some follow it and then give up after a month. I've been accused of "holding out" taking some magic diet pill or doing some crazy diet. Unfortunately this translates to lack of patience with others and the numerous excuses I hear. I get it. People have jobs, relationships, marriages, kids, family to deal with. Sometimes I just get fed up with all the excuses and wanna say mean things to them but I bite my tongue and nod to them while rolling my eyes mentally. If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it isn't you will find an excuse.

I've gotten better about eyeballing things and estimating their calorie worth. I also read ingredients/nutrition labels.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I've learned that this is indeed a life-long journey and I'm worth it! Also, don't keep Nutella in the house.. :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great home cooked meals taste far better then quick drive thru, well you know.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    - that no matter what people say or think, I know I can do this and maintain it.
    - that I can live without certain things when I acknowledge they are bad for me.
    - I'm always cold after 41lbs being removed.
    - Exercise is not the devil, though I still often lack motivation
    - my diligence has been proven. I can do this until I hit my goal.
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That I actually enjoy running - who knew!!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That I don't have to give anything up and that traditional 'diets' are a colossal waste of time! Moderation and portion control were the way to go for me!

^^THIS^^
    AND the whole being cold thing! Plus diet is a four letter word. Instead I like to refer to it as my life-altering change! AND I really do like a variety of foods!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    1. I can still eat WHAT I want want, just not as often, and not as much. Whereas I used to eat a whole restaurant meal, now I save half to 2/3 of it to take home for leftovers.
    2. I have learned to actually crave foods like Boca-burgers, Tofu, and Salads.
    3. All my sleep issues, apnea, LOUD snoring were a result of weight. Weight gone, problem solved. The only thing that wakes me up now is my bladder (drawback of drinking 100+ ounces per day).
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I learned how unsupportive and uncaring my wife can be. (She has not tried to lose any weight and actually gives me crap every time we go to a family event and people comment to me how great I look) I told her sorry, I am not going to stay unhealthy to make her happy.

I have also learned sometimes when I feel too tired to exersize, if I make myself I end up feeling better half way through.

Wow, that is really sad. May be time for a new wife to go with your new life!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Love the huge response :D

Got a few more.

- I enjoy the muscle soreness I get from working out, feels like I did something.
    - I like to run, always hated it in the past.
    - the key to success is enjoying mini achievements (dropping a notch on your belt, doing more pushups, lifting heavier, doing a pullup, baggy pants) so much more rewarding than anything a scale saya
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That I actually enjoy working out now. That i'm capable of a lot more than I thought I was :)