Hello All

Options
Hello. My name is Linda and I live in central New Jersey. A little over 3 1/2 months ago i weighed 292 pounds. I had the gastric bypass surgery on 10/4/07...a week before my 45th birthday as a present to myself and my family. So far i have lost 97 pounds. My diabestes is gone...my b/p is normal now... and my joints don't hurt...i can go up and down the stairs to do my own laundry for the first time in 5 years. I have gone from a size 3x (i am 5'8") to a size 16. I am never hungry..which a little problem because i forget to eat aot, but i am working on that. I just wanted to say hello..and wish everyone the very best in getting healthy

Replies

• linda101162
    Options
    Hello. My name is Linda and I live in central New Jersey. A little over 3 1/2 months ago i weighed 292 pounds. I had the gastric bypass surgery on 10/4/07...a week before my 45th birthday as a present to myself and my family. So far i have lost 97 pounds. My diabestes is gone...my b/p is normal now... and my joints don't hurt...i can go up and down the stairs to do my own laundry for the first time in 5 years. I have gone from a size 3x (i am 5'8") to a size 16. I am never hungry..which a little problem because i forget to eat aot, but i am working on that. I just wanted to say hello..and wish everyone the very best in getting healthy
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You will find lots of great advice and lots of support. Much luck on your new venture.:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda, best of luck meeting your goals.:flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    It sounds like you have been through a lot, but you have come a long ways. Congrats to you!!! Heidi:flowerforyou:
  • taylordanica
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story is very inspirational. Thank you very much for sharing it. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • Narya
    Narya Posts: 6
    Options
    You are so brave to have had surgery. You should be very proud of yourself for taking the reins and making the decision to be healthy. I wish you all the luck and determination in the world.