Women: Do you weigh in on your periods?

Options

Replies

• onecrazyredhead
    onecrazyredhead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself then, but I don't mark that weight down since I expect a higher weight. I actually weigh myself almost every day just to keep myself in check, I just only enter my weight once a week or every 2 weeks if it falls at that time of the month.

Same here. Mother nature makes me gain up to five pounds of water over night. Then 3-5 days the water is gone after she has left.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Oh NO! I did one time and of course it showed a higher #:(. Don't like to weight myself ........specially that time of the month.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'll weigh, but I don't put much stock in it. My period is on a weird cycle so sometimes I'm dealing with PMS and bloating for 1-2 weeks. :( What I do like about it is once my period is over, the water weight just pours off, so I see a drop of about 5 pounds in a matter of days. :) When I weigh, if the scale shows a gain of only a pound or if it stays steady, then I know I'm doing a good job, because I'm losing weight underneath all that water.:)
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I never feel any different, so yes I do continue to weigh in.
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Last month I felt ravenous during that time and gained and this time I didn't have the cravings and have actually lost weight. I think all this changes from month to month. I do still weigh, I like keeping track of everything and seeing if there are any patterns.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I never feel any different, so yes I do continue to weigh in.

this.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I usually either don't change or I loose a pound if I loose a pound when I'm on it I gain it right back. If I stay the same during I loose a pound right after. When I get my TOM I crave working out and lots of sleep and healthy foods (Except the day before everything starts that's when I want CHOCOLATE!!) :)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself, but I am heavier.
    So I never really write it down. :)
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale but don't weigh in officially because I'm 2-3 pounds heavier than normal. I wait a week and then weigh in.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i do. i seemed to be heavier the week before and the week after but normal on the actual period maybe its becaus i take the pill ...
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I typically do not weigh in during my time of the month. My weight can fluctuate up at least 5 lbs and its discouraging. It's hard enough for me to budge the scale while I'm working out so much and eating right, I don't need a fluctuation to set me off. So I don't weigh, I just keep doing what I do and than by the time it's over it's time for my next weigh in.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, and I record my weight too, what's the point of not doing? Even if it's water weight or hormones it's what you weigh at that precise time and it's not going to ruin what you are aiming to achieve, it's one day! Who cares if you're a couple of lb's heavier, you know what's caused it and it's going to be gone by the end of the week and the next weigh in!! :flowerforyou:
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Nope, I skip that week.
  • efranz12
    efranz12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Only when I want to feel bad about myself lol.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself. I usually don't lose weight and am happy if I don't gain. Sometimes the next week I lose 2lbs instead of 1 and that makes me happy! Even though I NEED to lose weight, this journey for me is about getting fit again an I know that takes time and persistence because I have been there before without a tool like this.
  • etcstreit
    etcstreit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh anyway. Ironically, I've found most of the time I weigh heavier the week before - even though I don't have PMS or feel bloated. Last week - I gained .2 - but this week I felt HUGE and lost 1.2. The good thing about tracking my weight weekly - I've been able to identify this trend in my weight loss journey and don't let it jar me to much. :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    yes, it's called water weight, sometimes 5pounds heavier, no big deal really
  • Cimolestes
    Cimolestes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I get weighed once a week no matter what, and yes it does make a difference. I just have to remind myself not to let it make me break my diet and as long as the trend is downward - that everything will work itself out in a week or two!
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    I always weigh around 2-3lbs heavier so if it shows 1lb more or the same weight I was before I know I have lost weight lol but I do not log until after my period
  • zrzka
    zrzka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    NO. I dont feel any different (even not emotional one), but mostly in those days I weight a pound less then usual..