Sensa?

Options
Has anyone tried or know anyone who has tried Sensa? I like the idea that its not a meal subsitute or anything. ADVISE please... :drinker: THANKS!!!

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It's a form of diet pill (yes, I realize it's not a pill). Studies haven't shown it to actually do anything.

Personally I think it's a waste.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it but visited their website. It's an interesting premise, I'd also be curious about hearing from real world users as it does sound a little too good to be true.
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I ordered a free 2 month sample, paying 7 bucks in shipping. Money I saved from going out to eat so much since joining MFP :wink: Ill give it a whirl, and let you know how it goes!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I ordered a free 2 month sample, paying 7 bucks in shipping. Money I saved from going out to eat so much since joining MFP :wink: Ill give it a whirl, and let you know how it goes!

Be VERY careful here that you arent AUTOMATICALLY enrolled in their "program" and start getting shipments every other month where they charge your credit card TONS of money you didnt authorize..

Thats where its a scam, so many companies pull this sort of thing and its huge money making scheme that you end up LOSING!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Be VERY careful here that you arent AUTOMATICALLY enrolled in their "program" and start getting shipments every other month where they charge your credit card TONS of money you didnt authorize..

Thats where its a scam, so many companies pull this sort of thing and its huge money making scheme that you end up LOSING!

Thank you so much for the thoughts! I looked into that.. happend to me with books once. I made sure it wont happen to me with this! :wink:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I did a little bit of research on it and found out that it is a scam to get your money.

You have to give them your bank info to pay for the shipping for the 'free' month. It is VERY hard to stop getting their product after you give them your bank credit card info and their customer service is really useless. They say to mail back any unused portion and you will not be charged the $89 per month for any more of their product but I've read stories that they make it really hard to stop getting it. One lady said they gave her a bogus address to send the stuff back and by the time she figured it out the 30 days was up and they charged her credit card $89....twice! People have to go through a bunch of crap to stop them from taking money from their credit cards!

Plus, the "clinical tests" that they claim they've done on the product is a farce. I forgot the details but in short they lied.

Just do a little tiny bit of research on Sensa and you will see for yourself. It doesn't take much time and it's worth it if it saves you money and hassle. Google 'sensa' and don't read their reviews, read the reviews and information that is from the people who've already bought into it, but not the ones on any of their websites.

I wish it worked! I need a magic potion to get me skinny! But the same old wise advice keeps coming through: diet and exercise. Boring, but at least it really works.

Good luck to you.
    sue
  • jedixerren22
    Options
    If you're still wondering, I'm on Sensa right now and I wouldn't say it is as glorious as the commercials make it out to be. What it does is fill you up faster and it keeps you satisfied longer. So if you have a problem with over eating, I'd say it is worth it. I got it at Costco for like $25 for the first month and it has helped! Before I was hungry ALL THE TIME and now I'm mostly just hungry around meal times. It may also just be a placebo effect, but for me it does help.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Plus, the "clinical tests" that they claim they've done on the product is a farce. I forgot the details but in short they lied.

Because they didn't actually do "tests", and all of their research came from "studies". They're using statistics done from other sources and not actually doing a blind test like many accredited supplements like to stand by. For example, they are saying the some such ingredients they put in the powder are supposed to help people suppress their appetites or whatever else the claim, but have no clinical trials that back it up -- only individual studies done on individual drugs.

There are more natural means of helping appetite suppression. I'd save your money and go with try those first.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately a lack of empiracal data and reputable double blind clinical studies is standard practice for most weight loss "powders and pills" The other caveat is that most all of these products, across the board have the disclaimer that results are in conjunction with proper diet and exercise. Makes you think huh?
  • tammyp2003
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was going to add that it does surpress your appetite BUT you should eat the right things when using it and you don't have to go through the website and worry about whether or not they will overcharge you. Amazon.com has this product but you should get the entire packet for the 1st month that explains the program and tells you how it works. After that just buying the correct month at a lower price seems like the best option. Good luck all!