Chubby single mom needs friends and help!!

Options
nray3119
nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
Hey everyone,

So i am new to this and I am not really sure what to say. I am a 27 yr old single mom of 2 boys. They keep me active but I am a horrible snacker. I need new ways to workout while at home with next to no equipment. I am also very much in need of supportive people around me.
Who wants to be my friend!!! :happy:

Replies

• domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend... another chubby mommy here! I'm sure we can both use all the support we can get. I think this is a great place to find it.

Good luck!
  • eenn
    eenn Posts: 20
    Options
    I will be. I need friends and support on healthy eatting choices.
  • liamsmama2011
    Options
    I'll be your friend!! I'm a single mom too, to a 10 month old boy! I have about 15 more pounds to lose so we can motivate eachother!
  • atownsend84
    atownsend84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm here for support, I don't have kids, but I'm 27 also and would like to lose about 32 more pounds!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm not single but have 3 kids and know how hard it can be to fit in time for yourself. I workout at home (never even been in a gym) and enjoy it. Feel free to add me if you would like too. :)
  • ebeatty143
    Options
    I too will be your friend. I am a mom too & its very tough to find time for YOU!!! But together we can all do this. I have decided that I am worth 1 hour a day. That's all I want for myself; just 1 hour...and I am worth it!!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am a chubby married Dad! Still like to be friends though!
  • JenniferAHaines
    JenniferAHaines Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! Married mom to 3 here, I need to lose 115 lbs still. Grrr, that sounds horrible. Anyway, would love to be a friend!

Jenny
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    me! me! me! ooooooohhhhh, pick me! lol!!!!:laugh: I teach elementary school music! I've been a widow for 10 years and an 47. 2 teens! "let's be friends!" Yes, best friends... where's that from? :)
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I joined in January and found the support and motivation invaluable. You can never have enough friends.

Feel free to add me.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm single, still fighting the chubbiness, and have no kids. I'll be friends if you want. :)
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm trying to gain as much and give as much motivation as possible so feel free to add im just finally starting to fight this chubbyness i have that came since i graduated High School
  • csc3197
    csc3197 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello. Have you tried Yoga? You just need a computer and a mat. You can take "classes" via Youtube (try Polly Yoga is Yummy).
  • kistylou
    kistylou Posts: 5
    Options
    i know how you feel, im 26 and a single mother of a 4 yr old. i dont get time for myself unless its when my daughter is in bed at which time i try and work on my open university coursework and clean the house etc. ive gone from a size 10 to a 14 in 2 yrs and i hate it! motivation, friends an support needed
  • Squirrel154
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, If you need to chat would love to chat, I am coming out of 10 years depression so I am very scared to chat with people..
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm a single mother as well. I've found that it's easier in the summer/nice weather with taking walks with the kids or taking them to the park while I run the track or something. In the winter, though, I suggest workout DVDs. I personally like a lot of the dancing ones - they don't require any equipment, and there are tons of ones to choose from depending on your personal interest. I'm a bit fond of the hip hop ones. They make me feel a bit silly but happy at the same time. There are also a lot of exercises such as core exercise videos. Once you're into it a bit, try harder things like Jillian.
  • jireh4me
    jireh4me Posts: 3
    Options
    I let myself go after having children but now that they are 11 and 13 I can no longer use baby fat as an excuse! I'm here for you girl, you can do this!!!
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom with 2 girls. I gained 50+ pounds with each child and I had 2. I'm on my journey know to lose the weight which I'd like to think I gained because of the stress of the men. So I worked off most of the baggage from my first ex. Now I'm working of the excess baggage from the second ex. LOL. I'm hoping soon there will just be me left - with no baggage!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. 26 w/ 2 amazing kids and 88 pounds to lose!
  • renee7staci
    renee7staci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 35 yr old single mommie and think i look beautiful BUT i can make it look better by sheading about 30 -35 lbs!! Lol!!! Looking for friends and a support team! They say people who work together as a team are more successful! Lets do it :-) Wew!!!