Options

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jillsusanne
    Options
    I love Paul Newman's Light Sesame Ginger dressing - huge calorie bargain. I add some mandarin oranges OR a little cutie clementine, blue cheese crumbles (low fat if you wish), cucumbers, and almonds. I also sometimes throw in some coleslaw mix or chopped brussel sprouts for crunch. Delicious!!
  • TJBFITNESS
    Options
    Walden Farms is a brand that has 0 calories, 0 sugar and tons of flavor. They make salad dressings, ketchcup, BBQ sauce and
    even chocolate sauce!!! I don't know how they do it...but they are very tasty!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms is a brand that has 0 calories, 0 sugar and tons of flavor. They make salad dressings, ketchcup, BBQ sauce and
    even chocolate sauce!!! I don't know how they do it...but they are very tasty!
    Engineered food like this, in then long run, is probably not good for your body.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like to add grilled chicken or shrimp to my salad for some protein
    and carrots, celery, red onion, pears or apples for some added crunch
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    chilled quinoa, diced tomato, avocado, parsley, garlic, balsamic, olive oil
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Drained Mandarin oranges, grilled chicken, and Ginger Sesame dressing.
    Fresh broccoli, cucumbers and tomatoes (no lettuce) with Italian
    Crunchy tart apples, dark green lettuce, pears, feta cheese and balsamic vinegarette
    Cold pasta salad with tons of veg, italian, a bit of shaved parmesan and a few black olives
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    this is my autumn/fall salad but you can replace the figs with whatever fruit you like that is in season - experiment

figs, halved
    2-3 hearts of palm cut into bite-sized pieces
    1 oz crumbled goat cheese, bleu cheese or any other crumbly cheese of your liking
    1-2 slices of crumbled bacon
    toasted pecans or whatever nut you like - just enough to sprinkle the top for texture
    fig-infused vinegar (or any other flavor)

Put it on a bed of baby spinach if you need greens.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kraft fig balsamic with olive oil....seriously amazing.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Feta cheese, bulgar wheat, nuts and seeds, bit of oil, sundried tomatoes, avocado etc etc. All these things add some calories but since learning to make a good salad, I actually really enjoy them!

Good luck! xx
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I spice my meats.

Other options that might not've been covered;

BBQ sauce
    Burger sauce
    Relish
    Jalapenos
    Chutney
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a lower cal honey mustard that I make and love. I combine plain fat free yogurt, spicy brown mustard, honey and splenda. Yummy!
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love adding defrosted shelled edamame or defrosted green peas. Little broccoli pieces or red bell pepper chunks are also yummy.

Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a little aged balsamic and yum!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Home made croutons, dried fruit, watermelon (delicious) nuts tuna, salmon anything you got in the fridge.
  • hollythehutt
    Options
    I sometimes add nuts, celery, cous cous, turkey, and/or hummus. If I'm cheating a little, chutney with the turkey, though by that point it's ceased to be a salad and become a weapon of mass fattening. :P
  • danimarie1782
    danimarie1782 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep saying bump?
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Why do people keep saying bump?

To save the topic for later.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • DistortedButterfly
    DistortedButterfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Chicken, cheese, carrots, green pepper, broccoli, croutons, beets, even fruits like oranges and grapes

I dont use dressings tho

With a whole wheat pita,
    OMNOMNOMNOM<3