anwser a question

Options
I bought Heinz apple cider vinegar... i want it for its benefits... like breaking down fat etc... but does it really have to be a certain kind?? or is heinz ok?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters because it doesn't really break down fat in the body. I'm sorry. :ohwell:
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I don't think the brand matters. And it does have a lot of benefits just make sure that you eat healthy and work out on a regular basis when it comes to burning fat those are going to be the best bet. Good luck in your adventure.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You must go with Heinz. It's the only way. If in a pinch, buy the cheapest mustard you can find and eat that. Because cheap mustard has a lot of vinegar in it. :smile:
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That's not the right ACV for weight loss/health benefits. You need to buy the organic, unfiltered ACV to get the real benefit.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    That's not the right ACV for weight loss/health benefits. You need to buy the organic, unfiltered ACV to get the real benefit.

For real?
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If weightloss was as easy as taking a particular food/drink/supplement we'd all be doing it!

MFP is about doing it the hard (but healthy and sustainable) way - restrict calories eaten and (if you want) work off calories with exercise.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar breaks down fat in the body...

So... it exercises for you?

I don't get it.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

For real?

Really. It's brown and has this... webby like substance floating in it. It has sediment at the bottom and you need to shake it before using it.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if it breaks down fat but the Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar makes a lovely salad dressing. I'm having it now on my tuna and egg salad.

1 part apple cider vinegar
    1 part olive oil
    sprinkle of sugar
    tiny bit of red pepper flakes

shake and pour.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Most ACV enthusiasts use something like Bragg's unpasteurized "with the Mother" for it's benefits. There are plenty of websites that give info on ACV. Google to see a good selection. Bragg's is easier to take than the pasteurized kind you buy in the grocery store, but more expensive. You can find it at most nutrition/health stores. I use this myself. It "can" have many benefits, depending on what ails you. It is good for heartburn/acid reflux (believe it or not). I'm not sure of the "miracles" some claim, but as long as I use it, I don't have to take Pepcid or other anti-acid products; and I never get acid reflux at night anymore. I doubt if it "melts" fat, but some believe it can help your metabolism.

Here is one site with some info on ACV: http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

PS: Don't believe "everything" you read or hear. There is truth in there somewhere, you just need to use common sense to find it.
  • Boshnivay
    Boshnivay Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    as long as your vinegar isn't distilled then it is more pure in a way that will probably be more beneficial :)
    check out 150 healthiest foods for a great read/ reference book. you won't want to put it down and you'll only want to eat veggies forever!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Braggs raw apple cider vinegar. usually found in the health section of a grocery store or at any health food store.