P90X?!?!

Options
What in the world is this?! I've seen it all over so many blogs!

Replies

• caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    What in the world is this?! I've seen it all over so many blogs!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I get sucked into watching that infomercial everytime it's on, at least a half hour of time. What can I say, I'm such a sucker for before and after pics. Google it, it's a 90 day workout program that focuses on muscle confusion to achieve optimal results (yes, I just made that up).
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's a 90-day fitness plan made up of 12 videos, a meal plan, and your choice of 3 intense workout plans (depending on what you want to get out of it).

Day 17 over here and I'm loving it ... not so weak anymore :laugh:.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking that question I want to know too
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Oh, here is the "stock answer" to that question. I'm surprised no one has posted yet. They must be working out, hehe.
    What is P90X? Here is the info directly from Beachbody.

P90X® Extreme Training System
    Twelve routines that keep introducing new moves and challenging your muscles to get you absolutely ripped in 90 days. With trainer Tony Horton.

Get absolutely ripped in just 90 days with P90X!
    P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a 3-phase nutrition plan, supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. You won't believe your results!

Why is P90X so effective?
    The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates results by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated.

12 highly intense workouts

Chest & Back
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders & Arms
    Yoga X
    Legs & Back
    Kenpo X
    X Stretch
    Core Synergistics
    Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    Back & Biceps
    Cardio X
    Ab Ripper X
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    There are a few P90X threads on here. P90X is the TRUTH !!!

I'm in week 2 of round 2 and have dropped about 50 lbs (haven't weighed myself this week), over 60% of my initial bodyfat (from 34% to 11-12%) and have gone from a 48 to a 34 jean.

I started my first round the week before New Years.
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    I do P90X! I graduated a round of the 90 program actually and now I sell P90X to others who want it via my team beachbody store website (passionfitness.info).

It covers both diet and exercise. It comes with a schedule and a plan so that you know exactly what to do.

Here is what it did for me in 90 days:

beforeafter.jpg

Keep in mind these results are typical. I did nothing more and nothing less than the program as it's designed.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I do P90X! I graduated a round of the 90 program actually and now I sell P90X to others who want it via my team beachbody store website (passionfitness.info).

It covers both diet and exercise. It comes with a schedule and a plan so that you know exactly what to do.

beforeafter.jpg

Keep in mind these results are typical. I did nothing more and nothing less than the program as it's designed.

Good to see you over here even though you've been here longer than me. I've lurked on your thread over on Beachbody a few times and am a regular poster on Swarm's thread. Nice results !
  • metalpalace
    Options

beforeafter.jpg

Good to see you over here even though you've been here longer than me. I've lurked on your thread over on Beachbody a few times and am a regular poster on Swarm's thread. Nice results !

Thanks brother! Swarm is a friend of mine he dropped over a hundred pounds on BeachBody. Hows your workouts coming along how far are you?
  • BR1986FB
    Options

beforeafter.jpg

Thanks brother! Swarm is a friend of mine he dropped over a hundred pounds on BeachBody. Hows your workouts coming along how far are you?

Week 2, round 2...I started at 288 lbs and 34% BF and am currently at about 238 and 11-12% BF.

After this 2nd round I'm going to change it up by doing a P90X Mass routine using the same bodypart schemes yet incorporating dumbbells, barbells & machines while keeping the pullups/pushups.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Impressive results. Your body fat percentage is right on! Mine is at 13 percent last time I checked. I had brought it down to a cool 6% when I cared more about cutting.