i worked out 5 days this week and ate healthy, only to see a

Options
13»

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

i deliberately did not log my calories for the past two weeks and just went by on how i feel: eat when i'm hungry, and stop when i'm full. it worked for me about a month ago and lost 3 lbs. just going by how i feel.

This might not be the greatest idea...you may be taking in way more than you think. 20 miles per week is a really significant burn, you might be overcompensating with food? I get so hungry when I up my exercise. If I didn't log and just ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full, lately i'd be eating everything in sight lol. For some reason my stomach is always growling recently.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I was gaining and losing the same 1-3lbs all last month. I weigh in weekly for a challenge. Seriously demotivating. Luckily, the challenge help keep me going. Now I'm shrinking again in terms of number on the scale and NSVs. Don't give up and perhaps try something new in terms of your diet and exercise.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal. Sometimes when we exercise hard, we get a TEMPORARY gain (or sometimes just a stall) from fluid retention as our muscles repair themselves. Ever feel stiff and achy from working out? That's inflammation, aka fluid retention.

Also, some foods are high in sodium and can cause fluid retention, too. Give it time.

exactly this.
  • MKBrew2012
    Options
    I am sorry to hear of your results, I know how frustrating. You helped me out with your post! I didn't have a gain this week, but i had no loss. Felt pretty sorry for myself. Then I read your post and the replies....this site is fantastic! You all have helped me to realize, it's a journey not a race. I look forward to your post of how that is sooo behind you now, and you watch the scale go down!
    Thanks to you all!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    same here! my clothes feel more loose too but the scale..the scale!!! :(
    Oh believe me, i feel ur frustration.

I've been doing 30DS for the past 24days and what i've been eating, well lets just say theres no way i can eat any less. So no i havnt been having too many cals. I've been drinking my 8 glasses of water a day and havnt cheated one bit food wise. I step on the scales today only to have gained 2lbs. WTF!!!! Not only that, same happened last week apart from it was 0.5lbs i gained.

Everyones been telling me i look slimmer, i feel slimmer in myself and my trousers for work are actualy huge on me now, im constantly having to pull them up so im putting the gain down to muscle gain. There is no way possible that i could have an actual gain cause i deserved a loss tbh and its so bloody disheartening :indifferent: . I actually cried today when i got weighed. Sad i know but its took me so long to get back on track and that just felt like a slap in the face. We just gotta remember, it will come off eventualy.
    I've had enough of the scales. Im not getting weighed for 2 or 3 weeks and just going by what my clothes feel like ect cause i can't take the dissapointment :frown:

If you're exercising intensely, especially if weight training is involved, the scale is a lousy measure of progress. Just lousy. I had a stall after the holidays where I only lost 1# over about 5 weeks but I also went down a pant size due to my exercise routine. Was I unhappy? Heck no.

I also suggest eating at least your BMR daily plus exercise calories. My weight loss started up again once I started doing that. As someone else here said, your metabolism is like a furnace and you have to keep it stoked for it to burn.