Need help with Bingeing

Options
An emotional eater, and hard to stop bingeing.. Today i woke up and had a good start. Then got bored/stressed or whatever it may have been, and binged til my stomach nearly exploded. Once my stomach settled I binged again, i am at 2443 cals right now with 0 exercise. Really need help with nutrition and staying on track . aghh :explode: :angry: :grumble: :sad: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Replies

• fastingfairy
    Options
    I feel you, had 2343.5 .... holy****... more than i eat in a week lololol :/ love you!! xxxxxxxxxxx
  • fastingfairy
    Options
    LOL at my .5 ..i'm having a coffee&that's it + 2 cals(well 1.8 but.. basically 2) :/
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I read your post and suspected underlying conditions and then read your profile.

Have you looked into CBT (cognitive based therapy) + medicine?

Both have strong efficacy for aiding with PTSD, Eating disorders, etc. They are not a one time patch though. It will take time, it will be difficult, and it does NOT make you less than anyone else.

My recommendation would to allow others to help you (other than on this forum) and find a great psychiatrist you trust and can talk to. Give CBT a shot for at least a couple of months. The Psychiatrist will determine what meds, if any, he/she thinks are necessary. It can make a world of difference and it really is nothing to be ashamed of.
  • jaim30
    jaim30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Plan fr at least a workout to help burn off some calories
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I feel you and have done the same. I will be good for a week or so and then have 1 day of really bad eating, out of control, followed by another day that is similar because I'm down about what I did. I can't stand it but I try to just keep going and if I have a bad day I'll keep it where it should be...in the past and move on. This site is really motivating so I hop on when I'm feeling down and wanting to eat (I too and a big emotional eater). Good luck and keep working at it!