Options
anyone tried this stuff?

http://www.eatwater.co.uk/products.php

wondering if its any good or worth getting as Im a HUGE rice/pasta fan

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I have never heard of this. I love pasta as well. Have you heard anything more about it?

It sounds too good to be true to me, but would love for it not to be :smile:
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. I love pasta as well. Have you heard anything more about it?

It sounds too good to be true to me, but would love for it not to be :smile:

Im the same as you - just sounds too good to be true which is why I posted here to see if everyone else had come across it - it would be my saviour if it lived up to its claims. I think i might order 1 pack to see what its like
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    I havent heard of this! I love pasta too, so I buy Shirataki Tofu Noodles, 40 calories a bag! You can find them in the tofu section of Whole Foods or Nature's Grocer. Just make sure you rinse them because the liquid they're in tastes funny.:p I may try this though! If I do, I'll let you know :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It is the same thing as the "Miracle" noodles (shirataki). It is made from Moyu which is Konjac. So if you like chewing on rubber bands and fishy smelling stuff then this would be what you want.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It sounds like shirataki
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    I almost always check out what Mehmet Oz has to say when I hear about stuff for losing weight.

He did a show some time back (the one I happened to see) and continues to advocate for "glucomannan" which is... tada.... the stuff this "eat water" material is about.

I bought glucomannon in capsules at the health food store, not very expensive. It does like to soak up fluid and does make you feel kinda full.

And fiber is good, pretty much for anything, and that's what this is: indigestible fiber.

There is a lot on the web. Synonyms for "eat water" are moyu and glucomannon. Check it out!

One nice thing about this eat water thing might be, maybe you can put a sauce on it like marinara.
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    Hmmm can anybody see a list of ingredients for this stuff? I would be loathe to put something into me that will help lose the weight but contain all kinds of nasties or produced in a toxic way, just seems a bit counter-productive?