Just found this. Seriously. I am in heaven! Nutella lovers!!

Options
kryptonitekelly
kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
http://www.theniftyfoodie.com/food/2011/06/01/banana-nutella-ice-cream/
...seriously! Is this possible?!

amaaaaaaaazzzzzin!!!!

Replies

• bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. I have never tried Nutella. I was however shopping with a friend who freaked out that I haven't tried it yet and insisted I buy it. :) I will be trying it later and if I love it as much as she and everyone else says I will I think I need to try that recipe. I love bananas....
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I LOVE nutella, but I don't trust myself having it in the house :/ I might try the banana "ice cream" with dark chocolate though :]
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds wonderful!
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this..you rock!! :bigsmile:
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yum can't wait to try this.

Bump
  • skoblinka
    skoblinka Posts: 22
    Options
    that looks amazing! *heading out for a bunch-a-bananas!*
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • colleenob1
    colleenob1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gotta try this Thanks :)
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options
    GUTTED! All bananas I have found in the store are not ripe yet. They're all a big green! Noooo must wait!!
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Nutella + Sara Lee 45 Cal bread (toasted)= One delicious chocolately dessert! & Low calories!
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    love nutella since i was a kid,,thanks for the recipe ,going to try this one tomorrow,,,
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Nutella + Sara Lee 45 Cal bread (toasted)= One delicious chocolately dessert! & Low calories!

I've totally had this exact combo for breakfast before! Nutella is so dangerous to keep around though, I usually end up eating some with a spoon. I wish they sold the individual packs, they're so cute and would make it easier to resist eating more than the serving size.
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options

I've totally had this exact combo for breakfast before! Nutella is so dangerous to keep around though, I usually end up eating some with a spoon. I wish they sold the individual packs, they're so cute and would make it easier to resist eating more than the serving size.
    They do! Little packs, http://www.amazon.com/Individual-Nutella-Single-Weight-ounces/dp/B000QCOALC

I always give in to Nutella. tried giving it up for lent, but it didn't work! Woops!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options

They do! Little packs, http://www.amazon.com/Individual-Nutella-Single-Weight-ounces/dp/B000QCOALC

I always give in to Nutella. tried giving it up for lent, but it didn't work! Woops!

I hadn't looked on Amazon, just the grocery store/Costco. I'd only seen them at restaurants! Thanks for the link!!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OHMAAAAHGOOOOSH.

Will try this with some honey and peanut butter, too!

(thanks for sharing)
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options
    Not sure if they do them in the UK.

If I buy the little packs in bulk, I'll just eat all the little packs. I have more control when I have a big pot of it. If I have none, it makes me wanna go out and buy some. weird how i have more control when I have it than when I don't. Psychological I think!
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    this is like 600 calories.it's not good at all.
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options
    this is like 600 calories.it's not good at all.

Yeah but you can make the "icecream" without Nutella...

stop ruining everyone's happiness dude.

it's also better than normal icecream as it's real fruit and only fruit.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for banana/nutella fried wontons which are very good. Got the recipe from another member. Here's the recipe
    Warning - Only make as many as you want to eat. Otherwise, if you make more...you will eat more. You have been warned.

1 wonton wrapper - 20 calories
    1 teaspoon Nutella - 33 calories
    1 slice banana - 7 calories, estimated

1 Nutella/Banana Wonton - 60 calories

You will need:

Wonton Wrappers
    Nutella
    Sliced Bananas
    1 Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray
    Directions:

* Place Wonton wrapper on a flat surface
    * Add one teaspoon of heaven, I mean Nutella in the middle
    * Lick spoon (don't act like you are not going to lick the spoon
    * Place the banana slice on top
    * Dip finger in beaten eggs and glaze the edges of the wonton
    * bring all for corners to the middle and press all sides to make it look like...I don't know, make it look like something
    * Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet and place wontons on sheet
    * Spray the top of the wontons just a little so that they crisp up when they cook
    * Place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the wonton is brown and crispy looking
    * Remove Wontons and enjoy
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options
    I have a recipe for banana/nutella fried wontons which are very good. Got the recipe from another member. Here's the recipe
    Warning - Only make as many as you want to eat. Otherwise, if you make more...you will eat more. You have been warned.

1 wonton wrapper - 20 calories
    1 teaspoon Nutella - 33 calories
    1 slice banana - 7 calories, estimated

1 Nutella/Banana Wonton - 60 calories

You will need:

Wonton Wrappers
    Nutella
    Sliced Bananas
    1 Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray
    Directions:

* Place Wonton wrapper on a flat surface
    * Add one teaspoon of heaven, I mean Nutella in the middle
    * Lick spoon (don't act like you are not going to lick the spoon
    * Place the banana slice on top
    * Dip finger in beaten eggs and glaze the edges of the wonton
    * bring all for corners to the middle and press all sides to make it look like...I don't know, make it look like something
    * Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet and place wontons on sheet
    * Spray the top of the wontons just a little so that they crisp up when they cook
    * Place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the wonton is brown and crispy looking
    * Remove Wontons and enjoy

I am so making this! Thank you soooo much :D:D!!!