Believe a psychic?

Options
running_mom
running_mom Posts: 204 Member
So, my friends took me to see a psychic for the first time a couple of months ago. And some of the things she said happened. Now, I know it's all in what you want to believe and what you put into it. My ex husband hurt his ankle in a bar fight. I didn't tell anyone because I thought it was kind of embarassing that he's 36 and still getting in fights. But when I went to see her she asked who hurt their ankle. And when I told her what happened she said that it wasn't on accident. It was basically karma (he's was not a very nice husband, I'll leave it at that).

She also said that there will be reason to celebrate in September. My sister just found out that she's prego and due Sept 12. And that I would move in Feb. Well Im closing on my house next week!

She also told me to get my headaches checked out. Which kind of scares me because brain annurisms (totally spelled wrong sorry!) run in my family.

Is it silly to believe that someone has a connection or energy around them?

Replies

• Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    So, my friends took me to see a psychic for the first time a couple of months ago. And some of the things she said happened. Now, I know it's all in what you want to believe and what you put into it. My ex husband hurt his ankle in a bar fight. I didn't tell anyone because I thought it was kind of embarassing that he's 36 and still getting in fights. But when I went to see her she asked who hurt their ankle. And when I told her what happened she said that it wasn't on accident. It was basically karma (he's was not a very nice husband, I'll leave it at that).

She also said that there will be reason to celebrate in September. My sister just found out that she's prego and due Sept 12. And that I would move in Feb. Well Im closing on my house next week!

She also told me to get my headaches checked out. Which kind of scares me because brain annurisms (totally spelled wrong sorry!) run in my family.

Is it silly to believe that someone has a connection or energy around them?

I don't think so..........but consider this.......you were at the psychic's before you closed your house.........that isn't psychic ability, that is the power of suggestion at work........
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    How many things did she predict that have not happened or the opposite did?
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I believe in paranormal stuff, I'm even in a local paranormal investigation group. I believe that people might have a psychic ability, I'm just not willing to shell out the money, they can be expensive to see. the psychic in my town is $45 for a session. So to each their own
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    If a psychic could tell me the winning lottery numbers and I won, then I'd believe in psychics.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just think it is weird that she could be specific about things without knowing me. She also said that she could tell I have a heavy heart. I'm in the middle of a divorce- sadness is written all over my face!

I think it's what I want to believe. I wasn't taking her seriously but once things started to happen it made me think- that's all. Trust me, I'm not living my life waiting for things that she said to come true! Just having a little fun with it : )
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    who do you know that has red hair, keep them close.

you will have an important appointment in June, don't cancel it.

Cars have been trouble in your life?

am I psychic?
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    On a weekend get-away a few years ago with one of my daughters, we saw a sign in the front yard of house..."Psychic Readings." We thought it might be a fun thing to do. So I turned around, drove back, and pulled into the driveway. But we just sat there in the car, deciding if we really wanted to blow some money this way. We'd been sitting there for a few minutes when I said "Well, they're not a very good psychic." My daughter said "How do you know?" I said "Because if they really were psychic, they'd know we were sitting here and they'd open the door to welcome us in." We moved on and spent our money elsewhere. But seriously...I've been to a psychic. I was impressed with what she was able to tell me. But later, I realized that she'd told me things I already knew. She didn't tell me of any upcoming events or such. I do believe there are true psychic people.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thats so positive to have an encouraging reading. Get your blood pressure checked and learn to take out time for yourself to relax and renew hey. You need to find some 'me' time that is over due and so well deserved. You are a hard working mum!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    My mom is a psychic medium, so while I don't trust 99% of people, she is proof that it isn't all a fraud. She tells people to give no personal information before readings, and will tell the names of their relatives, how they died (no access to records btw), and even secrets/very personal information that the person receiving the reading knew about the person who died.

She can also read thoughts (but the person has to meditate a certain way for this to happen). I can do this too. :P

She can also tell the exact date people will die (only if they ask).

I asked a while back for people here to send me requests for me to practice mediumship, but realized I don't feel comfortable enough with the process yet. Hopefully I will inherit my mom's ability. :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I don't think I believe, but there was a time I didn't believe in ghosts so things may change in future!

I know my mum went to one when she was 16 and was told to look out for a Peter, he was coming into the family and would be a big part of it. She also told her the name Cheryl would be significant in her future. My mum didn't tell any member of her family what she'd seen, but got pregnant with me a year later. She wanted to call me Toni, but my grandma argued it was a boys name and told her to call me Cheryl. Then, not long after I was born, my auntie came home and announce she was seeing Peter, who married into the family a few years later.

My personal thinking is that I wouldn't believe it until I saw proof, and I wouldn't pay the extortionate prices these people charge to see that proof. I used to live by a narrow cobbled alley, and the only door down there led to a psychic. They didn't publicise their prices and there were a few times I was tempted to go in for fun, but I decided against it because I expected they'd rope me in and encourage me to pay, and it wouldn't be cheap.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

I'm also curious about the above. I don't believe in psychics. Usually they throw enough things out there that some of them are bound to stick.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Tell this so called psychic to put on a blindfold and parallel park then I will believe. Or tell me next week's lotto winning numbers. Ever notice there are no rich psychics?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I'm also curious about the above. I don't believe in psychics. Usually they throw enough things out there that some of them are bound to stick.

It is like the weather predictions from the Old Farmers Almanac...when correct people are astonished and when horribly wrong they are ignored and forgotten.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You mentioned four things that you seem to think were true:

Someone hurt their ankle. That does seem very specific. But if you asked me the same question, my sister-in-law twisted her ankle a couple of months ago. It's a fairly common injury and many people would be able to come up with an example from among all their friends and family.

There will be reason to celebrate in September. This is so incredibly vague, and it's like the ankle thing - it's pretty likely you could find something to celebrate in any month, particularly if you were looking for it. It's a neat coincidence that your sister is due then, but if she hadn't been, you would have found something else, or totally forgotten about it. (And, it hasn't happened yet. Your sister's baby could come 2 weeks early for all you know.)

You will move in February. Well, guess what? It's March and you haven't closed on your house yet. She was wrong.

Get your headaches checked out. Really? It's a safe bet that whoever you're talking to gets headaches.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you will acheive your fitness goals.

you will experience much happiness.

you will start taking responsibility for your thoughts.

the power of suggestion is powerful.

think positive no matter what.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Yes, I do believe in psychics. I even went to one a few years ago, and she did the tarot card thing and everything. She hit a few things on the head, but for the most part I felt like she was telling me things I already knew. For example she told me about a traumatic medical condition that happened to me and that just blew me away. Oher than that I didn't feel compelled to go back. I'd much rather live life experiencing things as they happen instead of finding out what will happen.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    There was a programme a little while ago that showed how "Psychics" do this, it was extremely interesting. They are very skilled at generalisations and reading your body language. With the big shows they often put their own people in the audience and ticket queue to eavesdrop on the audience then they can target people they have info on. One even had a way to research credit card purchases (most of the audience pay by credit card) and would use this to say "You bought a car/carpet/ television lately" to make it sound as if the info was coming from a dead relative.

If they are genuine then why don't all the "psychics" get together and help save peoples lives and do some good for the world instead of taking money from people, many of whom are in vunerable, unhappy and often grieving.

It is ok if like the OP you take it all with a pinch of salt (like horoscopes) and have the money to play with.

But some people change their lives to fit the so called "prophesies" Many dictators such as Hitler and Stalin have used psychics and that about says it all for me.

Rant over :flowerforyou:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I think I should go into the psychic business. That's a whole new way to troll people.

I see dark clouds. A sudden loud noise. Do the numbers 1013 mean anything to you?
    No
    That is the bus that will hit you tomorrow.

I may not yet return business, but it will be worth it.

And I'll just point out the obvious. Deon Warwick and her friend's psychic network went bankrupt and Ms Cleo got sued and 2 rooms full of psychics didn't see that coming?
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If a psychic could tell me the winning lottery numbers and I won, then I'd believe in psychics.

hmmm when God or Jesus could tell me the winning lottery numbers and I won, then I'd believe in them.

Coming from a background of gypsies, yes I believe in psychics and I only believe in things that can be proven to me, but there are more fake psychics out there then real ones.