Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm fat.

reedwoman814
reedwoman814 Posts: 21
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
If only I could quit cold turkey :laugh: (I kill me), then life would be so much easier. Alas, I need the very thing that's hurting me in order to survive.

I'm Amanda, I'm 28, 4 foot 11 inches, and I weigh 302 lbs. (At least I did at last check a couple of weeks ago. I'm afraid to check again.) I've been married almost 10 years to a wonderful man who loves me no matter how much I weigh. I have 3 beautiful daughters that amaze me daily.

I actually joined myfitnesspal back in October, but then I never did anything with it. Well, here I am. I am terrified of this battle. Terrified I'll fail again and end up worse off than I am now... but I'm giving it another shot. I have to. I can barely walk anymore. I hurt all the time.

If I could get some support here, I think it would make a huge difference. I hope I'm in the right place. :smile:

Replies

• If only I could quit cold turkey :laugh: (I kill me), then life would be so much easier. Alas, I need the very thing that's hurting me in order to survive.

I'm Amanda, I'm 28, 4 foot 11 inches, and I weigh 302 lbs. (At least I did at last check a couple of weeks ago. I'm afraid to check again.) I've been married almost 10 years to a wonderful man who loves me no matter how much I weigh. I have 3 beautiful daughters that amaze me daily.

I actually joined myfitnesspal back in October, but then I never did anything with it. Well, here I am. I am terrified of this battle. Terrified I'll fail again and end up worse off than I am now... but I'm giving it another shot. I have to. I can barely walk anymore. I hurt all the time.

If I could get some support here, I think it would make a huge difference. I hope I'm in the right place. :smile:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    GOOD-FOR-YOU!!! I think you are really going to like this site. If you can be as honest with yourself as you have already been with us, then this site will probably change your world. It's all about accountability. I find myself eating (insert a yummy treat) and considering not loggin it, but I know that the people on this site will support me no matter what I have eaten and the only person I am REALLY lying to is myself. You are definitely in the right place. Read through some of the posts and see that you are not alone. there are literally tons of other people who have had a horrible time trying to get back to the person they see on the inside. You are going to do fine. Good luck and keep your chin up!
  • You're definitely in the right place. Just take it one step at a time. You've already taken the first step. Welcome aboard!!!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    There's nothing you can't do
    to this day I still suprise myself with new things I accomplish.
    Get your kids involved and make it a game
    I know you can do this:flowerforyou:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Amanda, you are in the right place! Welcome back!

Don't let you get you down! We're all fighting together, and I know we'll be happy to help you along the way.

Set realistic goals as far as your timetable goes, and then give it your earnest, honest-to-God best!

Fight the good fight! We're here with you! :flowerforyou:
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    You can do it!! this site is the best, and they are amazing people in it who can offer u so much support..!!! WELCOME and good luck on this great journey:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Amanda---you are already on the right track. Take it one day at a time. It helped me to plan my meals the night before and then stick to my plan. At first I had to sit on my hands waiting for meal time but after awhile it got better.

If losing weight can rise to the top of your priority list ( ahead of pleasing others) you can succeed. Tell your husband how important this is and ask him to help you (by being willing to eat differently, by supporting your choices, by not telling you that it doesn't matter if you lose weight)

there are a lot of great support groups on MFP. find one and become a part of it. Check in with your new friends frequently and they'll support and encourage you.

This take a lot of work but you can do it.:bigsmile:
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Hi Amanda You are so on the right track You have to check out the 300club allot of good support and way's to help lose the weight . It take's all of us a step at a time and you can do it welcome
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    i know you can do it! it is hard believe me.. i LOVE food. i want to eat all the time.

it's really all about self control i've learned. i'm still learning new things every day.. everyone here has tons of great advice & tips and they are all so motivational. nobody judges you because we are all here for the same reason.. we are unhappy with our bodies/want to get healthy.

just keep on logging your calories.. everyday.. everything you eat. it will help you. i like to play around with what i can eat before i even start my day. that way i can incorporate things i like to eat and healthy foods so i don't cheat!

good luck on your journey.. i hope you can accomplish your goal weight! also.. set mini goals for yourself.. it really helps take some of the pressure off.

again good luck! i'm rootin for ya! :smile:
  • ear1128
    ear1128 Posts: 7 Member
    OMG, my heart goes out to you, but more so my MORAL SUPPORT!!!! You can do it....this place is not only a nonjudgmental place of support, but it also makes you accountable for YOU. Knowing that you need to log in all of your calories for each day realllllllly aids in helping you make better/smarter choices. Good Luck!!!!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Hey Amanda! I just joined today and am looking for the support I need as well! I know we can do this - we need to believe in ourselves and just take it one day at a time!
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    WELCOME BACK.. YOU ARE WITH FRIENDS HERE!! WE ARE ALL HERE WITH THE SAME GOAL!! YOU CAN LEAN ON ME AT ANYTIME.. I HAVE BEEN OVERWEIGHT MY WHOLE LIFE AND I LOOOOVVVEEE FOOD.. I STARTED WITH MFP ON APRIL 16TH AND I HAVE LOST 8 LBS.. I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN..JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND STAY STRONG.. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! HUGS, TONYA
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Wow, that's awesome that doctors are recommending this site now.

Welcome!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    If only I could quit cold turkey :laugh: (I kill me), then life would be so much easier. Alas, I need the very thing that's hurting me in order to survive.

Hi Amanda! Welcome back - I completely hear you on the terrified thing!! I've lost a lot of weight total and fought with fear the whole time. That's part of the reason it took me so long. You can do this!! Yes, it will be hard at times. Scary at times. But also, ultimately, thrilling and exciting and wonderful and a totally amazing journey!! You will learn so much, not just about eating right and health, but about yourself. You've got 3 wonderful girls to live for, and live well for!! Way to go :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you all so much for the overwhelming response.

As for getting my family involved, they're in it whether they want to be or not. I'm not going to play the game of make one meal for me and something totally different for my family (again). My husband is overweight (not nearly as much as me but probably 50 lbs) and my middle daughter just had bloodwork come back that at 6 years old she's on her way to type 2 diabetes because of her weight. The whole family is gonna get a food make over. There will be a lot of junk that just doesn't even come into this house anymore. It's going to be hard, and we're going to miss the crud at first, but we'll use substitutions, and when we all start feeling better, I doubt I'll get complaints!!

The hardest part I think will be that we eat on the go a lot. We find ourselves in the drivethru sometimes as much as 3 times a week. I'm not sure how we're going to overcome that hurdle yet. I stink at time management... anyway, Thanks again for so much support and I am getting kind of excited about this site. :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Amanda---take baby steps. You can't change all your habits at once. Make a little change every day. Be thinking about how you can make changes. Ask questions on the message boards and be open minded as you listen to the answers.

Make this the most important thing in your life. You can do it.:bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I wanted to also welcome you and send encouragement and good wishes your way! You can do this, and I am so proud of you for deciding that it is time for you and your family to get healthier. You are to be commended for that.

Welcome!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Thank you all so much for the overwhelming response.

As for getting my family involved, they're in it whether they want to be or not. I'm not going to play the game of make one meal for me and something totally different for my family (again). My husband is overweight (not nearly as much as me but probably 50 lbs) and my middle daughter just had bloodwork come back that at 6 years old she's on her way to type 2 diabetes because of her weight. The whole family is gonna get a food make over. There will be a lot of junk that just doesn't even come into this house anymore. It's going to be hard, and we're going to miss the crud at first, but we'll use substitutions, and when we all start feeling better, I doubt I'll get complaints!!

The hardest part I think will be that we eat on the go a lot. We find ourselves in the drivethru sometimes as much as 3 times a week. I'm not sure how we're going to overcome that hurdle yet. I stink at time management... anyway, Thanks again for so much support and I am getting kind of excited about this site. :heart:

I found this helped me out alot. Pick a day on the weekend and make a huge healthy meal divide it up and throw it in the freezer it's a great last minute meal
  • anny
    anny Posts: 27
    hi Amanda!
    i know u can do it:drinker: u just need SELF MOTIVATION AND DEDICATION :smile:
    dont take it like a burden just do it gradually step by step n do control ur diet first coz dis is da major cause of ur weight beside dis include morning walk and balanced diet n plz avoid junk food n long time sitting n sleeping:flowerforyou: take care:smile:

184008.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Power to the short people~ You can do it!
This discussion has been closed.