Any men who have done a Jillian Michaels' dvd...

Options

Replies

• netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My husband did 30ds, but he's shy so no photos. But he looks awesom and particularly loves to complain about Jillian being a psycho-***** when it gets to an exercise he struggles with. Personally I think he has a huge crush on her LOL
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I don't see my husband jumping in the the 30DS with me. He thinks it's cool that we're doing it (me, sis-in-law & daughter), but he said he might do some weight lifting with me at the gym. He also works out at home on The Rack, he's more into building muscle while losing weight than losing weight. Not sure if that helps, but maybe that's why he's reluctant to do the dvd's?

I have built a lot of muscles through her workouts. He is missing out! :)
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started doing 30DS for 3 weeks, then switched to 6-week 6-pack. I use it several times a week to supplement running/elliptical and some moderate weight training. I'm not ready to show pictures, yet - maybe once I finish dropping the other 30-35 pounds I want to lose.
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 5 of week 1 of the 30 day shred this morning and I can safely say I know I've done a workout afterwards. I think it's a good way to get some variation in my exercise and it's only 20 minutes so, for me, its ideal to do in the mornings.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My hubby had heart failure a year and a half ago, so he needs to lose weight, but he's 350 lbs! Jillian would rip him to shreds but he's got bad knees and shoulders. The intensity might harm his heart more than the benefits so he's been doing DDR. :tongue: The man dropped 60 lbs once doing that :laugh:
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I started doing 30DS for 3 weeks, then switched to 6-week 6-pack. I use it several times a week to supplement running/elliptical and some moderate weight training. I'm not ready to show pictures, yet - maybe once I finish dropping the other 30-35 pounds I want to lose.

Do you think you'll share your pictures once you are done? :)
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Do you think you'll share your pictures once you are done? :)

Maybe - we'll see how good/bad I look once I get where I want to go :) - I'm not terribly body shy, but I do have a couple of people I know in RL as MFP friends, and I'm not so sure about having them see me - random people on the Internet is fine, though. :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS but my after pic probably wouldn't help, as I didn't have any weight to lose...just wanted to tone up. I will say that the DVD kicked my butt!! haha. I'm currently doing Ripped In 30 -- love it -- but haven't done it in a couple of weeks due to a run I'm training for on Saturday.
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ill post some updates soon. I did 30DS and am 3/4th the way through Ripped in 30/C25k hybrid
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Ill post some updates soon. I did 30DS and am 3/4th the way through Ripped in 30/C25k hybrid

Awesome, thanks! We are currently doing week 2 on Ripped in 30. :D
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I did 30DS but my after pic probably wouldn't help, as I didn't have any weight to lose...just wanted to tone up. I will say that the DVD kicked my butt!! haha. I'm currently doing Ripped In 30 -- love it -- but haven't done it in a couple of weeks due to a run I'm training for on Saturday.

Did it help you tone though?
  • kevin3344
    Options
    Yes! I think I have a before / after somewhere I will try and find them.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Yes! I think I have a before / after somewhere I will try and find them.

That would be great! Thanks! My husband did only 4 days of the week 1 workouts on Ripped in 30 and lost 6.5 inches so hopefully he'll keep losing and keep working out with me! I want to do 6 week 6 pack next...
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good luck.... I can't get my husband to do anything exercise related with me. SUCKS!!:grumble:

My husband and I have known each other since High School. I have never had luck getting him to exercise with me either. He just isn't into it. Back in January I got him to start going on hikes with our family. I was over the moon excited about this. Then on the 10th of January he was in a really bad car accident. He broke some ribs and has been having back spasms. It's taking a while to heal, so I am of course encouraging him to take it easy and take things at his own pace. I am just hoping that after he is better he will want to go for family hikes again. It was SOOOO much fun, and I hope this accident did not make it so that the momentum was lost. We'll see. I am just glad he is okay!!! It was pretty scary for a while there.
  • kevin3344
    Options
    Ok, here they are....let me just say I love Jillian Michael's DVD's...I bought Ripped In 30 maybe 3 days into 30DS. I lost maybe 1" off my waist but my running times have gone from maybe a 9:00 minute mile to 7:45! I recently ran an 8k in 38:24 something like that. I'm preparing for my first marathon this weekend.

Btw, the beer wasn't for me lol...don't even really drink beer more of a gin and tonic guy.

Before
    30ds-before.jpg

After
    30ds-after.jpg
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Ok, here they are....let me just say I love Jillian Michael's DVD's...I bought Ripped In 30 maybe 3 days into 30DS. I lost maybe 1" off my waist but my running times have gone from maybe a 9:00 minute mile to 7:45! I recently ran an 8k in 38:24 something like that. I'm preparing for my first marathon this weekend.

Btw, the beer wasn't for me lol...don't even really drink beer more of a gin and tonic guy.

Before
    30ds-before.jpg

After
    30ds-after.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! Was that just the Ripped in 30 then or did you wind up doing them both at the same time?
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I tried 30DS for 2 days and gave up. That lady made me hurt in areas i've never hurt before. Although her partners were quite nice to look at.
  • kevin3344
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Was that just the Ripped in 30 then or did you wind up doing them both at the same time?

I've actually only done 30 Day Shred....I did it in about 45 days or so. While I lost a little in the pics it really doesn't show the difference in your body; before then I could only do a plank for a few seconds haha. Jillian has you doing them for a couple of minutes!

I have the Ripped In 30 DVD, and I've done maybe 10 days, but I started training for a marathon about a month ago so haven't had the time to complete it just yet. My race is Saturday so I'll get back to it starting next week.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I tried 30DS for 2 days and gave up. That lady made me hurt in areas i've never hurt before. Although her partners were quite nice to look at.

Haha, I can agree with both things you've said. Although on the lady part, I liked them because they motivated me more (because I want abs like that one day!) But I do have to tell you, by the 3rd day, you'll feel so much better and it will be a lot easier! You should try it again!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options

I've actually only done 30 Day Shred....I did it in about 45 days or so. While I lost a little in the pics it really doesn't show the difference in your body; before then I could only do a plank for a few seconds haha. Jillian has you doing them for a couple of minutes!

I have the Ripped In 30 DVD, and I've done maybe 10 days, but I started training for a marathon about a month ago so haven't had the time to complete it just yet. My race is Saturday so I'll get back to it starting next week.

I think you'll really enjoy the Ripped in 30. It's a kick in the *kitten* but it works! Week 2 just might be the death of me but I'm going to push through!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!