Looking for friends? Advertising myself here -

Options
Kebby83
Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
My name is Kate and I am 28 years old. About me:

I have a daughter who is 5 and I just got married in January (my second [read:last] marriage). I moved from England to America when I was 19. I am a caregiver. I work in a personal care home and as a home health aide. The home health aide is sedentary work one on one including cleaning and personal care but the personal care home is very very active: ratio 1 worker :11-15 residents with a limited time to get everything done.

I have struggled with weight for a long time. When I was a teenager I struggled with bulimia but stopped the purging part and carried on binging. At my heaviest I have been 280lbs. Last year I weighed 250lb easily... Since I started counting I have lost 37 pounds - I weigh 172 now. My goal weight is undetermined but short term I'd like to see myself losing 10 pounds. I have recently started telling people I am losing weight and that I am trying and this is a big step for me - for some reason I didn't want people to think the fat girl was trying to lose weight, that would mean they win.

I work out as much as I can: I do at least 20-25 minutes on my exercise bike in the morning and evening. And then I walk and have recently started playing zumba fitness 2 a little too much (it's fun, but don't tell anyone I said so). I have wii fit but it annoys me. I bought some toning weights and do them very irregularly and will never see any results at this rate. I also try to stay on my feet most of the time cleaning or moving or just pacing! When my kid rides her bike I try walk faster than she is riding and I act goofy with her which counts as exercise. It's kind of cold out too, so when it heats up in Pittsburgh I'll go ah'walking.

Sometimes I eat my calorie goal of 1200 and don't eat my calories back even though I've burned 1000 cals working out. Don't hate me. I just don't know what to eat or I worked out at 9pm and didn't eat it back.

Also I like chocolate. I like junk food. I won't stop eating them for you, but I am working on cutting them down and replacing them with something healthy and need encouragement. My food journal is open for this reason - ***** at me, but not too badly because I am a sensitive soul when it comes to weight and food.... ha.

I am shy, and need encouragement in asking for encouragement but will try to encourage you as much as time allows.

So. If I don't sound like an socially awkward person, add me!