Cruise ships

Hello all

I am heading on a two week cruise in a few weeks. I know from previous experiences all of the yummy food I will be inundated with at literally every corner of the ship. How am I ver going to manage? The whole cruise experience is about food.

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    eek, I'm going on one (my first) in July...

curious for others' replies! (: I don't even know what to expect..
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    I have went on two....and yes the food is awsome....the trick is PORTION CONTROL...can be hard to do when it tastes so good. but can be done....i ate a huge salade first and filled my belly up with all the veggies and healthy food first....then had less of a tendency to pig out on the fatty foods

Good luck
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    Meh, it's your vacation. A minor setback. . . . swim and play games, that will help. But my take on vacations is you should enjoy them. When you get back you can buckle down again. What's the worst that can happen? Five pounds? Gone in two weeks.

Just try to move a lot more than you used to do on vacation. I find that is the trick. Not so much lounge-chair/reading time, and more walking, climbing time.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 671 Member
    Thanks for the post topic. I'm in a similar situation. We are going on to an inclusive resort, including liquor. I'm not drinking any liquor to speak of now and I'm on the 1200 net diet with cardio 1 or 2 times a day and some weights when I can get to them. I'll be walking, swimming, scuba diving, and maybe playing some tennis. My plan is as stated above: be aware of portions when I can, aim for lots of activity, go back on the fitness regiment when we get back, and if I have pounds to re-lose, so be it. I get one vacation a year, and this one isn't cheap. I'm going to enjoy it.
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    and as far as i know most cruis ships have awesome gyms....aerobics class,,,one of them even had a running track around it....so you should be good

Do drink and do eat the food....just be wise about it...and exercise...

ENJOY IT
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    We have been on five cruises, and we love it. They have a lot of healthy options. I have only cruised carnival, but they have a "spa" option where on every menu they have a healthy choice for everything. So you will basically have a ton of healthy choices.

They always have fresh fruit in the buffet, yogurt..etc.