Wake-up call!?

Options
So, I went over my calories today by 5,000 cal's! :noway: ....and I feel SUPER sick. :frown: I am a compulsive over-eater. It gets crazy & ugly. :cry: I even eat when I'm stuffed. I am trying, but it's so stinkin hard,sheeeesh!
When I was done logging in my large amount of food, it said if every day were like today....I would be 50 lbs heavier in 5 weeks! Holy crap, now that's a big wake-up call! No wonder how I can gain weight so fast! Oh how angry I get at myself! :angry:

I will try yet once again tomorrow! :ohwell:

Replies

• elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So, I went over my calories today by 5,000 cal's! :noway: ....and I feel SUPER sick. :frown: I am a compulsive over-eater. It gets crazy & ugly. :cry: I even eat when I'm stuffed. I am trying, but it's so stinkin hard,sheeeesh!
    When I was done logging in my large amount of food, it said if every day were like today....I would be 50 lbs heavier in 5 weeks! Holy crap, now that's a big wake-up call! No wonder how I can gain weight so fast! Oh how angry I get at myself! :angry:

I will try yet once again tomorrow! :ohwell:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a rough day. We all have them. Remember tomorrow's a new day, so start fresh with a clean slate and a new attitude. You can do it!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Everyone has "off" days now and then. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just do better tomorrow....and the day after that.....and the day after that. You know you can do this. Just do it. Maybe if you have time, you should try logging your food before you eat it when you feel like you're going to overeat. You can have your wakeup call before you do it. Best of Luck!!!
  • manganello16
    Options
    When I have off days...I just exercise a little harder, drink plenty of water and try to let it go and get ready to start fresh. I realized that when I beat myself up about it...I end up messing up even more, because I'm depressed, it's not worth it. Just last friday I went over my allowance by 3,000 calories and then I drank lots of water. The next week I worked really hard and it turned out, I still lost my two pounds for the week. Just relax and work hard. You'll get there. :happy:

192119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank You :smile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    In order to stop doing this in the future, you need to figure out why you do this. It may require some journaling of your feelings, some deep self reflection, a Dr Phil book, or some sessions with a counselor. But if you overeat that much... there's a need that is not being filled that you are trying to fill with food. A lot of us on here have the same problem.

Although it's true you should move on and not beat yourself up over a bad day, or even worse, quit this journey, in order to be healthy in mind, body, and soul you do need to figure out the problem and find a different way to meet this need you have.

I can totally relate to your profile on how you thought you were too big when you were at 135, although I was never that small, I look at my high school pics when I thought I was so huge and I was HOT, sheesh. I would kill to be that size again!!! ha!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you had the foresight to figure out what the implications of this kind of eating. Knowing what the consequences will be is a great way to motivate yourself to change!