Sides of my stomach.

Options
ztxjbk.jpg

So my stomach is getting better, but it just seems so wide. Is there anyway to make it thinner (width wise), or is it just the way my body is ?

Replies

• erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic!
    I have a feeling it looks like it's just the way your body is shaped.
    As you keep burning fat off, you may notice some more changes, but we are supposed to be wide through the hips as women.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks great! :) By width do you mean 'Love handles'? I'd be interested in the answer to this too!
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think you look great.
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    honey i have the same problem sadly its just the way our bodies are built.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    gosh i would be thrilled to look like that!! i think you look great!
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks great! :) By width do you mean 'Love handles'? I'd be interested in the answer to this too!

Yeah love handles and that part that kind of goes in before the love handles.

& yeah, sadly I figured "thats just the way your body is built" would be the answer. haha but thank you !
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't see any love handles on you girl!! You look wonderful!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I think it's just your body shape.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    The woman who does TurboFire (don't remember her name), is built similiarly. She is in great shape, but her hips actually go past her legs on top. I think it's based on her overall shape and hip socket orientation. You look awesome, though! Just keep doing what you're doing and see what happens.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't see love handles, either. I see a trim waist and feminine hips.

You look like you might be a smidge short-waisted (I am, too) so your hips might start up a little bit higher than someone with a longer torso.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Uh, you are VERY BEAUTIFUL. Women are too hung up on thin. If you're beautiful quit worrying.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. As an experiment though, try an exercise body wrap.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You have a stomach most women aspire to have. I wouldn't want to be thin with zero curves. That would make you look like a man.
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    You are FAR from wide honey. I have to turn sideways to walk between 2 parked cars. You are NOT wide at all I promise!! You look great!
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    The woman who does TurboFire (don't remember her name), is built similiarly. She is in great shape, but her hips actually go past her legs on top. I think it's based on her overall shape and hip socket orientation. You look awesome, though! Just keep doing what you're doing and see what happens.

Chalene Johnson :D LOVE her!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I wish I was as "wide" as you lol You look amazing.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I dont see "wide" when I look at your picture....you look great girl!! Embrace your curves....your a woman :)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Don't see what the problem is there. You're developing some nice definition and your obliques look awesome. Keep working it. Not everyone can have a 14 inch waist. It looks freaky.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    gosh i would be thrilled to look like that!! i think you look great!
    yup me to!!
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. I wouldn't worry about it. However if you are bound and deterrmined to trim your waist, there are a number of exercises you can do. You want to look for ones that exercise your obliques. lay on your back, bent knees, lift your shoulders off the floor. hold out your hands in front of you and rock back and forth, tapping your with your fingertips. repeat

side planks are another good exercise for that area.

"row your boats" are another good one. sit down and lean back. lift feet off floor, hold dumbbell with both hands, twist to the side and then the other. repeat

Also try half moon planks...sit on hip, hand on floor. Bend knees, cross top anklein front of bottom leg, lift hips off floor and squeeze thighs togther, reach top arm over head, bending bodyinto a half moon shape and then lower hips to floor. repeat