Newbie here Help! Nothing left to lose in midsection but my

Options
Hey guys i'm new here and seeking your expert advice,

So I work out 6 days a week, try to eat really healthy *protein, fruits, veggies* roughly 1800 a day. I weigh 123 currently and am 5'5 I have a goal weight of 120 at 5'5. Problem is I have a pretty tiny waist but that is all I'm losing my weight from and toning. I have huge thighs and a big butt *I always always have*. Anyways I work out about 1 hour and 20 mins 6 a week and do Jillians 30 day shred 5-6x a week, stationary bike, upper and lower strength 2 x a week, pilates 3 x a week *butt and thighs, abs and butt*, Jillian's killer butt and thighs 1x a week, and also JM 6 week 6 pack 1x a week. ANYWAYS here are some pictures in my photo gallery to show the vast disparity between my upper and lower Please have a look and give me some advice. I cannot seem to get the weight off my butt/thighs even with diet. Should I lower my cal consumption? Aim for a greater loss? Any exercises I may be able to do??

http://imageshack.us/homepage/?user=Miss__N

Sorry you might have to copy & paste

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That link won't work for me. I'm thinking you must have nice curves. Could you be too hard on yourself? Your weight sounds spot on and a tiny waist? Lucky!
  • OrionMama
    OrionMama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I found that stationary biking made my butt muscles larger, might want to do less of that. I have good luck slimming with pilates. I watch free videos on you tube, my favorites are POP pilates. I love the instructor Cassey Ho, super motivating without being annoying!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Not sure what you can do. Might just be your body shape.

ETA: I meant to say that I don't know what else you can do since you are already doing Pilates, which is usually good for lengthen muscles.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Is is fat on your butt and thighs that you can't shift? Or is there minimal fat and you just want the muscle to look smaller?

EDIT: Also... I just have a larger butt and thighs too... and calves. I can get most of the fat off through running and that area stays large. I haven't yet come across a way to change that. I'd love slimmer legs, but the only way it could happen is if I can tone without bulking at all.... though runners are generally not bulky, so I have no idea!
  • MissVegasxx
    Options
    it might be a bit of both? Like its where I carry all my weight. Maybe Im just doomed to be shaped this way