so..hungry..must...eat.. EVERYTHING

Options
This may be against my better judgement but I decided to do Insanity. I did day 3 today and OMG I hurt so good. My butt, arms, inner thighs, and back kill!

Unfortunately, I cant seem to get a handle on the eating. I was eating paleo for the most part but then strayed from my diet. I've been trying to get back on track but I'm so hundry all the time. I have been trying to eat well; trying to avoid sugar and carbs. but between meals I find myself so hungry and I just want to eat anything i can find.
Anyone have any tips to squash these cravings?

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nicotine
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    probalby want to make sure you're getting enough protien with doing the insanity workouts. plus make sure you are eating enough calories for the extra workouts as well. and lastly water .. water.. and more water..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    protein

cottage cheese
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    stack?
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Nicotine

This is a person who will gain every pound back.

ANYWAY, eat your proteins and veggies! Cottage cheese, meat, beans, lentils, peppers, feed your post-workout body and keep you full.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started lifting weights I had hunger like that... where I was ravenous and wanting to eat anything in sight. Still do sometimes.

It's hard to know exactly what you're referring to as cravings... this could be normal hunger. You've just used up a bunch of energy. You're going to need to replenish. Maybe you're just not used to working out and eating like this?

And if you've been trying to stick to paleo, I can only imagine how badly you're craving carbs. Good luck with that!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Not if u don't eat like a pig after and exercise everyday - when you lose the weight your metabolic.demand drops and your stomach shrinks so.you wont feel hungry.
    Nicotine

This is a person who will gain every pound back.

ANYWAY, eat your proteins and veggies! Cottage cheese, meat, beans, lentils, peppers, feed your post-workout body and keep you full.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This may be against my better judgement but I decided to do Insanity. I did day 3 today and OMG I hurt so good. My butt, arms, inner thighs, and back kill!

Unfortunately, I cant seem to get a handle on the eating. I was eating paleo for the most part but then strayed from my diet. I've been trying to get back on track but I'm so hundry all the time. I have been trying to eat well; trying to avoid sugar and carbs. but between meals I find myself so hungry and I just want to eat anything i can find.
    Anyone have any tips to squash these cravings?

You probably dont eat enough to fuel your body.

You are used to driving the volvo 2 miles a day on 1/4 tank and it was okay for the most part...

Now you need to drive it 200 miles and youve only got 1/8th tank of gas and 1 drop of oil.

Figure out your BMRx1.5 then take 20% off that for cutting calories.
    Eat back all cals to at least 200 above BMR.

Youll do great!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,066 Member
    Options
    You need some carbs to fuel those workouts. . . I'm sure you are having some......but if you slipped and had too many - it will take a while to get those carb cravings under control. Make sure you are eating enough, though. Hard to say which it is without more info.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    you need carbs and fat for your body to function. please people do your research before you do these fad diets!!! you are so hungry because your body has no fuel! Please eat some fruit and greens and maybe throw in an avocado.
  • Chester_1
    Chester_1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'd recommend adjusting your meals so you CAN snack. I can't handle three 400 calorie meals a day; I get so hungry in between meals! I ended up snacking on crap from vending machines at work because I didn't plan it into my day, so I switched things up. I have my three meals, about 200-300 cal each, and then snack away the rest of my daily allowance. Just make sure what you're snacking on isn't junk. I'm incredibly lazy, so once a week I chop up a bunch of celery, some peppers and cucumber and leave them in tupperware containers in my fridge. When the urge to stuff my face comes along (which it inevitably does) I can eat pretty much as much celery and cucumber as I want without putting too big a dent in my 1200 calories :)
  • mariposa131
    Options
    man i feel you ive started a gym workout instead of just walking im so much hungrier now i can barely take it im sure you are burning a grip more though eat sugar free jello like 5 of them is only 50 calories
  • mariposa131
    Options
    microwave an apple with a little water cinnamon and stevia instead of sugar for two minutes you have apple pie dude
  • wistom
    wistom Posts: 5
    Options
    The pain you are feeling is what I like to call "good pain". I've learned from a fitness expert that a good after workout meal is raw carrots and hummis. I have tried this and found that my hunger was very satisfied for several hours. Plus it is fairly low in calories.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Eat carbs + Protein. Aim for 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein and eat back the majoirty of your exercise calories. Oh, and remember to dig deeper!

The insanity program recommends 4 grams of carbs per 1 gram of protein to refuel after a workout. I love tuna burgers. Take 1 egg, 1 can of tuna, and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. Mix it up and then form into a patty and brown each side in a frying pan. Top with Salsa and love it!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat carbs + Protein. Aim for 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein and eat back the majoirty of your exercise calories. Oh, and remember to dig deeper!

Perfect macro breakdown for fat loss as long as you are eating 20% below TDEE.
    Nice advice!
    Follow this!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    fuel the fitness, you dont' want to lose the muscle you have just gained
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I've decided to scratch the paleo thing because it's just not sustainable for me.
    I am going to go back to eating more good carbs, oatmeal for breakfast and maybe a few bites of brown rice IF! I want to eat some rice.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I snack all day long on fruits and veggies. Anytime I'm hungry, when before i would grab chips or something greasy, no i snack almost constantly on freshness. I hardly eat big meals because i'm always eating something light and I make something yummy for dinner. Usually a fast food craving turned healthy.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of INSANITY and the pain goes away thats for sure...
    As for the food cravings liek everyone else suggests PROTEIN it helps build and repair muscle I eat it for every meal...and snack on stuff like nuts and veggies and like a babybel or cheese string