fitbit pedometer

Options
2»

Replies

• rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have mine for about a month... I started w/MFP (cals wise) so that is what I go with....
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It over-estimates walking calories by about 10% and under-estimates running by 15% in my experience. As suggested, do not eat back all the calories, I don't eat back more than 60-75% of the exercise calories that the fitbit gives me.

It is *awesome* as a motivational tool. I started with less than 3,000 steps a day, recently I'm averaging over 13,000 steps.
  • rjglenn
    rjglenn Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit for about a couple months. I do like it a lot. The calorie thing was driving me crazy as well as making me want to eat more because of the amount of calories it was sayng I was was burning. It adds resting calories as well. I decided to turn off the calorie the feature.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone used the fitbit that connects with MFP. I just got mine and noticed it gives me more calories per day for normal daily activity. I am concerned this might make me fail. I didn't use my extra calories today but was wondering if anyone else had this tool and if my concerns are valid.

The FitBit can't make you fail!!

I do find the calories it updates just a bit confusing, but really, i find the FitBit to be very encouraging. The first day i got it, it sort of encouraged me to take the stairs and it would give me a badge. Now i take the stairs every day. I love it for tracking sleep too.

I am away on vacation right now and don't have access to my gym nor my normal routines. But the FitBit provides me a bit of reference about how active i am, so it's still helpful.

I love it. It is a lot of fun.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I too love my Fitbit, but I mainly use it to track my daily steps. I have a HRM that I use when I workout. That gives me more accurate numbers. It is encouraging and helps me to compete with myself on steps taken! Love it!