planking

I've been doing Planks, but i wasn't sure if i should log that in strength training or if you're even able to since it's not technically reps. Anyone log them?

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Just started logging mine tonight... I put them under strength training and put how many times I did them. My "reps" are how long I did them for so I remember. I usually do mine for a minute so I put 4 sets of 1.

Hopefully that makes sense! It's really however you can best remember what you did.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    i dont log them as by themselves, but if i am in fitness class with those and others, i do.

For at home, if you are doing planks and jumping jacks and all out craziness 9think Jillian micheals 30 day shred) you could log it as circuit training.

Planks in themselves wont burn a ton of calories or get your HR up high, but are great for building core strength.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    I do planks on my strength training days. When I do strength training, I keep up with my heart rate and how many calories I burn and log it as cardio under "strength training". But then I go under strength training and list all my exercises.
    So when I log my planks, I just log the sets as the number of planks I do and the reps as the number of seconds I hold them. Make sense? Right now, it would say 2 sets (2 planks), 120 reps each (2 minutes.)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I just log "Strength training" in the cardio section for however many minutes. (I do planks along with a lot of other stuff too)

That is pretty inaccurate as far as calories are concerned, so just be aware of that. if you really need to know how many calories you're burning, get a heart rate monitor.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    I just started logging my strength training. I'm not sure why i haven't been doing it from the beginning, but i tend to forget to log it along with the cardio..figured i should start doing it, and just wasn't sure how i should go about loggin those. :)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    My pt punishes me with planking .... I mean works me into shape with planking combined with hip touches in the plank position and the last time added unilateral arm pushes (a real killer) so they are not just plain planks. I log my entire time with her as circuit training since she mixes core strength, legs, upper body, and heart rate elevation throughout.
  • shansuga
    shansuga Posts: 1 Member
    I think that I just added it . It only burns about one calorie a minute, per what I researched on the internet. It feels like a lot more. LOL. Just remember,it is about strengthening not burning calories. More muscle will help you burn more calories, and look better!