Exercise Calorie Counts

Options
Where are they getting their calories burned from exercise at? According to the tracker I am burning 657 calories for 30 minutes on the elliptical. That is not humanly possible. I think it needs to be accurate since a lot of people are eating a little extra since they have the calories "to burn". Is this the reason I am not losing any weight?

Replies

• jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It is possible to burn that much. I burn between 700 and 800 calories per 45 minute session of bootcamp, and between 500 and 600 per 30 minute session. DPX (dance, sweat, burn class) I burn 700-800 for the hour long class. It all depends on your heart rate, age, weight,.
    I love my HRM!!
  • sguinn75
    sguinn75 Posts: 14
    Options
    What is a HRM and what does it do?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Where are they getting their calories burned from exercise at? According to the tracker I am burning 657 calories for 30 minutes on the elliptical. That is not humanly possible. I think it needs to be accurate since a lot of people are eating a little extra since they have the calories "to burn". Is this the reason I am not losing any weight?

That does sound a bit high, have you considered a heart rate monitor to provide a sanity check to MFP's calculation and to male sure your in the appropriate heart rate zone for the workout.