gym machines

Options
How accurate do you think they are with how many calories you burn?

Replies

• XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i always take about 30% of what it say off.
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I use that number, but I realize it is an estimate. Not sure how good an estimate. MFP always says I burn a lot more calories than the gym machines say.
  • XoSaraoX
    Options
    the only machines that i go with what it says are the ones that ask your age. weight ect.. only because without knowing all that it really is just your "average" persons cal burned. usually a little high, but yes lower then mfp. safer to go with a number in the middle of the two.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    the estimates take into account your age, weight, and heartrate, but for more accuracy you'll need a heart rate monitor. sometimes the machine estimates are high if you're not working that hard, but sometimes they're low if you are.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I usually do plug my weight and age in. It's just sometimes I burn so many calories I'm afraid to log them in incase they're to much.
  • XoSaraoX
    Options
    if you think they are too much just dont eat all of them back :)
  • XoSaraoX
    Options
    there is also a web site i found "fatburn.com " there is a tab that says free tools, go to that then at the bottom of the list is one called Burning Calories while exercising. take a look at that and see if your number compare, then maybe add something in the middle of it all.