I think I met someone *famous* on Thursday night.

Options
124»

Replies

• craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Steve Nash, Tommy Lee, Ricky Williams, Brett Boone, Tragically Hip, Janice from Friends (don't know her real name lol)

I work in a hospital. I'm always chatting it up with random visitors and family at the nurses station, nothing out of the ordinary for me. One day this nice guy walks by the nurses station, and we had a generic conversation. I asked if he knew where he was going (easy to get lost in the hospital) and he says "yes my wife just had a baby, she's in the room around the corner." I tell him congrats, and he keeps walking towards his wife room. One of my coworkers looks dumbfounded at me, and says "you played that really cool, do you know who that was?" and I was like "yes that was the husband of one of our patients." She starts laughing at me and says, "you moron, that was Steve Nash from the Suns."

That's hilarious! One of my coworkers (female) was having a chat with him and asked him what he did for work...he said "I play basketball" and she replied "oh, is that lucrative?" ROFL......it almost brought me to tears because she had no idea who he was!
  • jillwaller10
    jillwaller10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've met a lot of bands! Mostly ones probably nobody has heard of, but some biggish ones like Big Time Rush, 3oh!3, Allstar Weekend, the singer of Bowling for Soup, Forever the Sickest Kids, Boys Like Girls, Blue October, Taking Back Sunday, and the singer of All-American Rejects. So they were all pretty neat :)

Hopefully I'm meeting British boyband sensation One Direction in two weeks- not even kidding! I'm pretty psyched.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    When I was in Elementary school we took a trip to an airport and my teacher called us all over into a circle and we got to meet Muhammad Ali,he showed us this really cool magic trick where it looked like he was levitating off the ground,we got autographs and pictures,he was sooo nice.
  • Kaalley
    Kaalley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One of the girls on my dorm floor's cousin dated Daniel Radcliffe! They're pretty much best friends now and he sent her free tickets to his broadway show.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I sold Theo Fleury (Canadian hockey player) a TV a few weeks ago. I had zero idea who he was, even after I asked for his name for the invoice, although the name did sound familiar, and he's a pretty big deal where I live (Calgary, AB).
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Many years ago, I was at the mall in Overland Park, Kansas and I ran into Paul Pierce and some other KU players.

Now -- you have impressed me. Rock Chalk!!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, and working at an ice cream shop I served Mr. T. :drinker:

He liked vanilla with cashews.

I've also met Aaron Rodgers at my church.

There have been others but that's all I can remember now.

I haven't met anyone famous, but i'm soo jealous. Aaron Rodgers...*sigh* I love him. I'm a huge Packers fan...
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    << <<
    I got to chat with this handsome fella (Jesse Spencer) for quite some time a couple of weeks ago plus Scott Grimes, Bob Guiney, Greg Grunberg, and Adrian Pasdar at an after party of their TBFTV concert.
    Jesse is the most approachable, nicest guy! He spent most of the time away from his group just chatting to most of us that happened to be there. Pictures and sigs? Not a prob at all....he was very happy to oblige!

As a teen working at Mc Yuk's,...I had the pleasure of serving Jeannie Becker (City TV, Fashion TV) breakfast, and Ed Robertson (Barenaked Ladies) trekking across my freshly mopped floor LOL

I've met a few others, but drawing a blank at the moment :smile:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I always feel a bit bad for celebrities, yeah they make tons of money, but I'd much prefer privacy to money.

I feel worse for the ones who don't make stacks of money and STILL don't get privacy.

In saying that -love reading the stories on here.

And while I remember -I also met the guys from Mercury 4 (does anyone even remember them?) when I was back in high school. They came to perform at my school (all girl's school) and there was quite a bit of hysteria, even though they weren't really very famous.. Anyway, my friend and I took a 'bathroom break' during class &ended up getting a photo with them. Too bad I was hideous looking back in school -or it could have been one of those 'really cool' moments! Oh, I think the guys liked the attention they were getting from all these high school girls -even though we were pretty much, all, very underage...