Trying it out, again.....

elliott062907
elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Vegetarian that is.
I did it before, for about 2 years and started adding fish.
I lost a lot of weight and felt better.
I have trouble digesting meats, but chicken and fish do not hurt me.

I was told to start limiting my meat intake instead of going cold turkey, so to speak.
It seems like a smart choice. But get there gradually.

Is there anyone here that was a carnavoir and went vegeterian??

How's that working for ya??

Started it today!!!

I have fruit salad
granola bar
fruit and fiber yogurt
cheese crackers (4)
water and diet green tea

I had a 1 egg omelet with cheese, and two veggie sausage patties and low sugar (1 cup) OJ so far.

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Vegetarian that is.
    I did it before, for about 2 years and started adding fish.
    I lost a lot of weight and felt better.
    I have trouble digesting meats, but chicken and fish do not hurt me.

I was told to start limiting my meat intake instead of going cold turkey, so to speak.
    It seems like a smart choice. But get there gradually.

Is there anyone here that was a carnavoir and went vegeterian??

How's that working for ya??

Started it today!!!

I have fruit salad
    granola bar
    fruit and fiber yogurt
    cheese crackers (4)
    water and diet green tea

I had a 1 egg omelet with cheese, and two veggie sausage patties and low sugar (1 cup) OJ so far.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I haven't gone vegetarian but I don't eat a lot of meat. I was vegetarian while I was pregnant since I couldn't tolerate meat. I like to eat:

Quorn nuggets and Burgers
    Trader Joe's Veggie corn dogs
    Trader Joe's Southwest Veggie Burgers (with brown rice and packed veggies)
    Morning Star Veggie sausage

Good Luck with the change. :smile:
  • Sayschell
    Sayschell Posts: 1 Member
    Six weeks ago I decided to change my lifestyle to get healthy, so I cut out most processed foods and most meat. I would maybe have grilled chicken on my salad or grilled fish for dinner.

Two weeks later I decided to go vegan. I have never felt better! I eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, beans, steel cut oatmeal, and rice milk. I only drink water, and when I need something extra to get in my protein or all of my calories for the day, I make a banana protein smoothie with rice milk and rice protein.

Will I be a vegan for the rest of my life? I'm not sure, but for right now it's working for me.

Good luck!
  • It's funny, i was a strict vegetarian for almost 17 years, then when I got remarried to an omnivore, I started eating meat and then that's when I started gaining weight! Being veg was so much healthier for me and I'm really thinking about doing it again (although not strictly, I will eat seafood... I live on the gulf coast afterall, lol!) I gained 25 lbs in 3 years and I'm so upset. I've never had a weight problem until now, I've always been skinny, so this is really hard on me. I think being a mostly veg-head will help with my weight loss, so I'm gonna try hard to be one again.
This discussion has been closed.