Options
2»

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I have Rebok, North Face, SmartWool, Icebreaker, and Balega

I gave the North Face and Balega away

My absolute favorite are Icebreaker Ultralite Micro (I only have one pair) hard to find for less than the MSRP.

After that, I really like Nike non cushion socks, especially the Nike Structure Non Cushion. I've got all mine at Nike Outlets in Sevierville, TN and Myrtle Beach, SC for $4.50 / pair
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    SmartWool has the best socks ever, for any purpose. A little pricey but so worth it and they hold up well.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've been hugely disappointed in smartwool. My stoics blow them out of the water in all areas. Now if only ibex made a thin sock...
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've been hugely disappointed in smartwool. My stoics blow them out of the water in all areas. Now if only ibex made a thin sock...

Here is where it gets so personal. I noticed that in an earlier post you advocate thin socks, but thin doesn't work for me at all. Can't stand thin! Couldn't wear stoics if they were offered free for life. But I also can't take the densely cushioned socks like a lot of the Thorlo's. I use the Smartwool lightly cushioned and find them in between and perfect. Plus only wool still warms when wet. All said, there is no substitute for personal experimentation since we all differ.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Here is where it gets so personal. I noticed that in an earlier post you advocate thin socks, but thin doesn't work for me at all. Can't stand thin! Couldn't wear stoics if they were offered free for life. But I also can't take the densely cushioned socks like a lot of the Thorlo's. I use the Smartwool lightly cushioned and find them in between and perfect. Plus only wool still warms when wet. All said, there is no substitute for personal experimentation since we all differ.

Absolutely... personal preference is a huge part of this.

And just for the record, my stoics are fairly thick... they are my winter running socks.