Protein Supplements WITHOUT artficial

Options
2»

Replies

• jjarrettc
    jjarrettc Posts: 14
    Options
    I use Brown Rice Protein powder on some days and other days Hemp protein powder. Both available at Whole Foods here in the US. Both are all natural and pure (just one ingredient). They both taste pretty reasonable. I like the hemp protein the best. It's actually from Canada. Here in the US hemp is still banned (since our government is so hung up on it). Give them a try, I think you will like them both.

John

I'm confused. The SunWarrior that was posted has hemp in it, and I'm able to get it at a natural foods store 1.5 hours away. Or is it just pure hemp that is banned?

I will check both of those out and see. As I said, taste does not matter to me. I'd prefer it doesn't taste disgusting, but I need a way to increase my protein/calories at the end of the day occasionally.

Thanks for the advice!

No it is not hemp that is banned. Hemp (both male and female plants) are just banned to grow in the US federally. Some states however do grow it for medical reasons (like for cancer patients).

The powder probably comes from the male plant which has no THC in it. Don't worry, it does not cause a high or anything like that otherwise I would have not said anything. Hemp is actually quite versatile. Among other things, you can make oil out of it, it has great fibers (to make like ropes), you can make paper out of it, and of course highly nutritional protein powder with lots of Omega 3's, The one I use is called Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Powder 50 (the 50 indicates 50% protein). They have a higher percentage one too, but I have not tried it. The link to the manufacturer's web site is: http://manitobaharvest.com/product/9/HEMP-PRO-50-16oz.html.

Perhaps you can just order via post/mail. If you have difficulty obtaining it, send me a message. I'd be happy to try to help.

John
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel the need to have protein powder? There are plenty of other ways to get protein without using supps.

If you're allergic, don't use it. Eat real food.
  • pullukata
    pullukata Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but yesterday I bought protein powder from Meijer. The brand is bodylogix- I bought the strawberry banana flavor. No artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners (it has stevia). 24g protein, 115 cal, 1g fat, 3g carbs, 1g sugar. 100% natural. it was $18.99 for 2 lb