Chocolate...philidelphia spread?!

Options
13»

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia with baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad chocolate?

(No offence to American's but Hersheys* is just bleurgh)

*The only type of American chocolate I have tasted. Don't shoot me
    It's not only Hershey's! When I was over there my sister got a Kit Kat and I got a Twix. The Chocolate was sooo disgusting both ended up in the bin. The bites we had taken were spat in the bin. How they can even market that as chocolate is beyond me.

Well KitKat is Nestle

i happen to love Hersheys- it is less milky than cadbury (actually has higher cocoa content that cadbury milk) but not as high cocoa content as a dark chocolate- it's actually a bit weird that I like Hershey's considering that I normally eat chocolate in the 70%-80% range

but at any rate Kraft doesn't own hersheys the way it owns Cadbury, Milka and Cote Dor so it does beg the question which type of chocolate do they use?

I bet the dark version in the US is yummy though as it has the strength of the dark chocoale but the creaminess of the cream cheese :-) at any rate I will try to resist no matter which version of chocolate it has :-)
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Kraft knows their markets very well it seems cause here in Belgium they call it Philadelphia with Milka chocolate whereas the UK and Ireland they seem to say with Cadbury's - wonder which they use in the US- anyone there know?

It's just regional, cadbury's has been the national chocolate here up until multinational supermarkets started bringing more kinds of food in in the last ten years. Milka was always the continental chocolate I saw on holiday, but it's here now and it's one of my favourites - the milka daim is amazing...

They're just partnering with whatever local company is there, maybe for ease of distribution or a deal made on the part of the chocolate company that want 'royalties'. If a milka version was sold here people would be just as interested..
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    mine arrived this week I've been having a bit on ryvita, but not sure how much exactly is meant to be 86cals? yummy with a babybell sliced on top too but that probably doesn't help the calorie load... damn cravings.. lol! :laugh:
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    I didn't like it! :(
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    mine arrived this week I've been having a bit on ryvita, but not sure how much exactly is meant to be 86cals? yummy with a babybell sliced on top too but that probably doesn't help the calorie load... damn cravings.. lol! :laugh:

30grams :)
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
    its yummy
  • angevee
    angevee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    half of one of the little tubs on a digestive biscuit beats the cheescake craving at around 120 cals - far better that than a slice of chocolate cheese cake (especially the one in cafe Nero which my husband had the other week at over 500 cals a slice!)
  • Gemp2307
    Gemp2307 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YUMMY. For Irish users, its currently on sale in Dunnes for 1 euro, so thats one tub for a euro, or four mini tubs. Im sure you get more out of the big tub, but i really dont trust myself, and prefer the small tubs, im better with fixed servings! I had one of the mini tubs this morning spread on a toasted weight watchers bagel, absolute heaven for 236 calories.. also, . the uk 99p store is now in Ireland, its called dealz and everything is 1.49 euro or less. thats where i buy my weight watchers bagels, 5 for 1.49! so not only was my breakfast amazing this morning, it cost me 55cents.... I am totally winning today! WOOP!

hehe hee... had to edit as my calculations were a bit off..... i call it essay brain, when you are working so hard on an assignment that brain function in day-to-day areas is down to a critical level..... :laugh:
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm going to avoid it for now. I'm too tempted to try it out on a digestive and that could lead to serious Shemomedjamo.
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    With over 30g of sugar per 100g, this should actually be sold with a health risk warning label. Outch! Are your seriously considering to even try this? Buy a low fat plain one and mix it with cocoa and sweetener. So much better.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Tried some yesterday - yuck! Didn't like it at all, smelt like Cadbury's but didn't taste like it.
  • hanky1
    hanky1 Posts: 39
    Options
    yummy with ryvitas! like the idea of trying with crumpets. get the little pots and you have portion control sorted.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Absolutely delish, really addictive though.

Currently on BOGOF at Tesco and you can print some £1 and 50p offer vouchers on the Philadelphia facebook page making it practically free!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Might have to try it... Mini pots thoughX
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't get it ...
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    it is such a triggering food for me! haha if I eat it I crave sugar all day. It sure is delicious though.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    In the US it's called "Philadelphia Indulgences" and it comes in milk chocolate and dark chocolate.

I bought some, but I actually don't love it like I thought I would. I put it on some Nilla wafers and it was good enough. I mean, there was nothing WRONG with it, but I probably won't get a chance to finish the package and I can't see myself buying it again.

They have white chocolate in the US too.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Kraft knows their markets very well it seems cause here in Belgium they call it Philadelphia with Milka chocolate whereas the UK and Ireland they seem to say with Cadbury's - wonder which they use in the US- anyone there know?

Philadelphia with baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad chocolate?

(No offence to American's but Hersheys* is just bleurgh)

*The only type of American chocolate I have tasted. Don't shoot me

Is it bad that I like Hersheys chocolate lol? :-P I love American stuff though, like root beer really like that but lots of people in the UK hate it and it seems a lot of people in the UK hate lots of American stuff for some reason. I really like Hersheys chocolate though and their chocolate kisses... not saying it's better than Cadbury though!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    This stuff is DELICIOUS....you should try it. Get the mini Thomas bagels as well. One mini bagel with a teaspoon of the chocolate Philly makes a very nice treat!!!