First mile record!!

Options
Am flabbergasted to say the least! My mate came round to grab me for a 5 miler this morning but it was p'ing it down so I refused to go (how bad am I)! I then decided when she had gone that I felt really bad and I was going to try to catch her up! I didn't know where she had gone so just tried a few routes! To no avail! I then carried on my run as the rain wasn't so bad. I got back and finished my 5k in 23mins 26! That knocks 4 minutes off my best time! Well chuffed. Checked my GPS and it appears I ran the first mile in 4mins 2 seconds! I thought it was fast but not that bloomin fast! I have just beaten the recorded womens fastest mile by 10 seconds! Have checked and rechecked my time and gps route etc and it is correct!! The seond and third miles were normal 8 and 9 min miles. I am a little shocked to say the least :-)

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! (I'd love to run a sub 25 min 5k.)
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply
  • hyperkate
    Options
    WHy do I only ever get one person reply? I support a lot of people post wise but seem to lack in support myself? Don't know why I bother :-(
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Your post went up at 5:30 am here. I was asleep or I would have congratulated you then.

Fantastic job!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I wish I could run a 5K in under 30 minutes...let alone a 4 or 5 minute mile! Geez!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    congrat !!!! I dream of the day when i will be able to do a 5k under 40 minutes lol
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Checked my GPS and it appears I ran the first mile in 4mins 2 seconds! I thought it was fast but not that bloomin fast! I have just beaten the recorded womens fastest mile by 10 seconds! Have checked and rechecked my time and gps route etc and it is correct!! The seond and third miles were normal 8 and 9 min miles. I am a little shocked to say the least :-)

LOL!! You booked your place in the Olympics then? :tongue:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile_run_world_record_progression)

Edit: well done on the 5k time btw.
  • hyperkate
    Options
    Checked my GPS and it appears I ran the first mile in 4mins 2 seconds! I thought it was fast but not that bloomin fast! I have just beaten the recorded womens fastest mile by 10 seconds! Have checked and rechecked my time and gps route etc and it is correct!! The seond and third miles were normal 8 and 9 min miles. I am a little shocked to say the least :-)

That;s what my mates said. LMAO! I keep checking and checking, I ju8st suppose it loged my first mile wrong and I did actually run in near 7.5/8 min miles. I said I would do better chasing a rabbit at the dog track :drinker:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I beat world records when my GPS doesn't pick up signals properly too ;-)

But your overall time was great, well done.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options

That;s what my mates said. LMAO! I keep checking and checking, I ju8st suppose it loged my first mile wrong and I did actually run in near 7.5/8 min miles. I said I would do better chasing a rabbit at the dog track :drinker:

:happy: Unless you stopped somewhere for 2.5 mins, it wouldn't have added up anyway: 8+9+4 = 21mins. A 6 min mile would exceptionally good and a lot more likely.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've had miles like that when my GPS goes a little wonky, too. Even more fun is when it tells me I'm currently running at 9 miles per hour. :laugh: