Is it possible?

Options
Hi everyone, I last weighed myself on 16th February and I was 208lb. I'm currently wearing a size UK 16 all over (tbh depending on the cut of the top, tight fitting tops are a no no as I still have a big chest atm :(). I'm going on a 3 week holiday on June 13th to Orlando after I finish uni.

My question is it possible for me to get down to a 14 before then? Or even a 12? I'm not sure what the weight loss is generally between sizes but my goal was always to be a comfortable 14 in Florida, and by comfortable I mean I'm not forcing myself in to them, theres room for me in there!

I'm not doing any kindof diet really, I just eat healthily. I replaced meat with vegetarian substitutes, eat plenty of veg and make sure I eat three meals a day, if I'm hungry for a snack I'll eat yoghurt, raisins or a banana. I also go lane swimming two nights a week for 50 mins a time, go on my excercise bike about 3 times a week for 40 mins a time (hoping to increase that to everyday though) and do various 2 and 3 mile walks throughout the week, with a 5 mile walk on Saturdays. So far I've been losing about 1 pound to a pound and a half a week. On my last weigh in I'd lost 24 pounds so far.

Sorry for all the info. Hope someone can help :)

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't see why not, you're doing well so far. Keep it up and good luck!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Why have you replaced meat with vegetarian options? If it is purely for weight loss then it's not necessary. Lean meat is great as it can be low in calories and super high in protein which is just what you need when you are trying to lose weight.

It is definitely possible to drop a dress size in the time you want. Why not just use the tools on here and stick with the recommendations here? That way you will be eating a healthy balaced diet and will lose the weight you want.

Good luck :)
  • fleur_charms
    fleur_charms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Why have you replaced meat with vegetarian options? If it is purely for weight loss then it's not necessary. Lean meat is great as it can be low in calories and super high in protein which is just what you need when you are trying to lose weight.

It is definitely possible to drop a dress size in the time you want. Why not just use the tools on here and stick with the recommendations here? That way you will be eating a healthy balaced diet and will lose the weight you want.

I still eat meat on occasion, though I mainly swapped it out of my diet because I'm a student and it's so expensive to get organic meat!

Thanks everyone :)
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The weight you are losing is a good pace! Slow weight loss is definitely the way to go! I know you don't want to hear this but focus on this being a life long change rather than focusing on the vacation! (you are on pace to lose around 24 lbs which is great!!) I was a vegetarian for 20 years and now am back to eating meat! (my only explanation is that, like Forrest Gump, I just stopped one day)...I have since learned a ton about how "unhealthy" soy products are so my advise is lean healthy organic meat and lots of the other "real" fresh foods! This forum is so great at helping with portion size cuz if your like me I can still gain a heck of a lot of weight eating (too much) healthy food! Good luck and add me as a friend if you would like....you CAN do it!!!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It sure is possible. Just keep doing what you have been and enjoy your vacation in your size 12's.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I still eat meat on occasion, though I mainly swapped it out of my diet because I'm a student and it's so expensive to get organic meat!

Thanks everyone :)

That's fair enought then :)

Stick around here for support if/when you need it.
  • fleur_charms
    fleur_charms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The weight you are losing is a good pace! Slow weight loss is definitely the way to go! I know you don't want to hear this but focus on this being a life long change rather than focusing on the vacation! (you are on pace to lose around 24 lbs which is great!!) I was a vegetarian for 20 years and now am back to eating meat! (my only explanation is that, like Forrest Gump, I just stopped one day)...I have since learned a ton about how "unhealthy" soy products are so my advise is lean healthy organic meat and lots of the other "real" fresh foods! This forum is so great at helping with portion size cuz if your like me I can still gain a heck of a lot of weight eating (too much) healthy food! Good luck and add me as a friend if you would like....you CAN do it!!!

It will definitely be a life long change :) but since I started I had two goals, first to be comfy, fit and in shape for my holiday and then my ultimate goal which is to be a healthy bmi and to stay there for good!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible. If you can, I'd suggest adding more weight training to your exercise routine. I started lifting heavy in December. Even though I had a bit of a stall on the scale and only lost 1# for about 5 weeks, I went down one pant size just by adding the weight lifting to my routine. Lifting heavy just means weights that are heavy for you. Many on MFP are having good success using the New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women program and there is a discussion group for it on here, too. While cardio is great for increasing endurance and lung capacity, weight training is best for body recomposition. Since you have 3 months to go until your vacation, you will probably lose that one size without weight training but you'll get there faster with it and I have found that it's changing the shape of my body in good ways that cardio just can't do. Best wishes!