How is Norma? - funny!

Options
MTGirl
MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
Someone e-mailed me this today - I thought it was funny!

> > A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked, 'Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?'
> > The operator said, 'I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number?'
> > The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, 'Norma Findlay Room 302.'
> > The operator replied, 'Let me place you on hold while I check with her nurse. After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, 'Oh, I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal, and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged on Tuesday.'
> > The grandmother said, 'Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you for the good news.'
> > The operator replied, 'You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?'
> > The grandmother said, 'No, I'm Norma Findlay in 302. No one tells me *kitten*.'
> >
> > True Story.

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Someone e-mailed me this today - I thought it was funny!

> > A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked, 'Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?'
    > > The operator said, 'I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number?'
    > > The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, 'Norma Findlay Room 302.'
    > > The operator replied, 'Let me place you on hold while I check with her nurse. After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, 'Oh, I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal, and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged on Tuesday.'
    > > The grandmother said, 'Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you for the good news.'
    > > The operator replied, 'You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?'
    > > The grandmother said, 'No, I'm Norma Findlay in 302. No one tells me *kitten*.'
    > >
    > > True Story.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

scary..
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's a good one.