healthy living
    cooking done light
    hell if i gnaw

^my favs :) search any on google!
  • teachermegan
    teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno/Oxygen Magazine for clean eating recipes/ideas

Pinterest. I pinned a pancake recipe yesterday and tried it and was very impressed!

A PP mentioned just googling a healthier version of what they're in the mood for. I do that as well.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno eating clean I have 4 of her books now and I love the food! Desert and all!
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I was just browsing around, and I was wondering where you find your low-cal/low-fat and what not recipes? Is there like a certain cook book or website, or are you all just that imaginitive (which I wouldnt put it past anyone!)
    But I'd love to know so I might keep some of them around and force my boyfriend to eat healthier too :P
    Thanks!
    -Chelsea

I use myfitnesspal.com, joybauer.com, traderjoes.com, wholefoods.com and allrecipes.com
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I was just browsing around, and I was wondering where you find your low-cal/low-fat and what not recipes? Is there like a certain cook book or website, or are you all just that imaginitive (which I wouldnt put it past anyone!)
    But I'd love to know so I might keep some of them around and force my boyfriend to eat healthier too :P
    Thanks!
    -Chelsea
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Food Network
    Dashing Dish
    oh She Glows
    Skinny Taste
    and I went to the library and borrowed some healthy, low calorie cookbooks to find new ideas
  • smcase
    smcase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com !
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Some of mine are my own creations but I do like the Weight Watchers website. They have a message board called Recipe Review that have a lot of recipes people have actually tried. Some have nutrient information and some don't. It does give me lots of new ideas though.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, recipes I post are my own "inventions".

^^^^this.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    so many places to go...thanks!
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to a program called www.emeals.com. I pay $21 every three months for the planning of seven dinners a week with a grocery list and a (pretty much) fixed, low cost for my food budget. I am subscribed to the "Low Fat Meals for Two" option since it's just me and my hubby. We really like it. It takes the stress off of trying to figure out what's for dinner.

Hope this helps.

Sam
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    The Better Homes and Gardens cookbook has calorie counts and nutrition below each recipe. Some of the women's magazines have it, too. Check your big cookbooks- they might have it, and maybe you never noticed it.:happy:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I mostly go to spark recipes because they have user submitted and reviewed recipes, and the categories are easy to search. I put the app on my phone and now I have most of my recipes with me while I'm grocery shopping, and that makes it easy.

Of course, the recipes I don't find online are the ones my mom and grandma taught me. There's probably a good cook in your family that would love a phone call for suggestions.
  • karenmast2
    karenmast2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump ~ always looking for great recipes
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own up stuff up, too. But sometimes I look at recipes to get ideas. I like:

-epicurious
    -Cooking Light
    -All Recipes
    -Some cooking shows, mainly the ones on PBS
  • Trainee_Jane
    Options
    Women's Muscle and Fitness Magazine has some really great recipes that are high in protein and usually all around or under 300 calories per serving. Everything I have found in there is so good. And I am not a body builder, nor do I want to be, but there are some good tips in there as well.