Sept '11 - Mar '12, 20lbs down (W/PICS)

Diary_Queen
Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
I've been struggling to keep up lately. I've gotten bored of the 'log my food, workout on Monday and Friday and Sunday because no one will watch my kids, log my exercise - wash - rinse - repeat' cycle. I was hoping to get a bicycle for Christmas. That didn't happen. I don't know how to ride one because I never learned as a kid, but I was hoping I'd just be a natural at it when I got one. I started the Spike Diet program and never feel like I'm doing a good job on it. I can't decide if the amount of exercise I do puts me in the Light Active category and I'm scared to step on the scale and see how much I weigh ................. So, I decided to take some progress pictures.

Good gracious, after 5 months, I can tell a bit of difference, but I'm nowhere near where I need to be or where I want to be. I'm hoping to reach my goal weight this year and I'm slacking and depressed and binge eating at night. I don't want to have to work out 7 days a week because I don't get any sleep that way. I know I need to eat cleaner and on my re-feed day, actually feed my body instead of just indulging in all the junk I want to eat that isn't good for me. I know these things and yet I waffle on the line between giving it my all and damn well giving up. I've been in a size 18 for months now. They fit loosely and hang funny, but still not dropping down to the 16s yet. I guess I just need a boost and hope this post will do it for me. **fingers crossed** Here goes nothing, right?

214xboj.jpg

9u2kgl.jpg

Replies

• raksmith
    raksmith Posts: 4 Member
    Don't give up, you've come so far. I can see the difference. Great job. Remember, we're human so we will make mistakes. The only mistake that will keep you from getting there is giving up. Keep on keepin on. This is a journey we are all on together. The first one there doesn't win, every one of us who gets there wins. One day at a time and one step in front of the other. We all travel the same road. Some of us carry more, some of us hit more bumps, but we have the power within us to see it through. There is no time limit, so forge on!
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Keep going. One day at a time.

Allow yourself to go over one day- 500 to 1000, if you have to. But log everything when you do. Stay honest with yourself.

I can see difference in your hips the most. Take your measurements - you might see the inches before the pounds.

Finally, don't give up. 20 pounds is a lot!!! It might take you 40 pounds before other people can really "see" the difference!
    You a brave woman. You asked for help and support. You can do it. Go out there and kick some booty... or at least... shake your booy and burn some cals!!
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    And you lost 85 pounds total, not just this 20! Keep going, keep going, keep going!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    You can definitely tell the difference! You're looking better already. Just imagine where you could end up when you stick in, and how grateful you'll be to yourself after you reach a weight that you're happy with. You'll be so happy when you get there. :)
  • amberjean30
    amberjean30 Posts: 24 Member
    Girl don't give up!!! A little bit of work goes a long way. I don't know if you work or are a stay @ home mom, but do your exercize first thing in the morning before the shower. this way you keep on burning calories throughout the day and bumps up metabolism. if you have steps climb up and down em a couple times, here's something I like to do pretend to hula hoop 10 rotations one way then 10 more the other. keeping your tummy tight it works the abs. just little things. if you have a bad day don't give up, just start over tomorrow. snack between meals on high protein foods, string cheese, yogurt, nuts ect they will help you stay fuller longer and give you the energy you need to get through the day. they also help stop the binge eating. also WALK WALK WALK. well when the weather warms up ; ) just keep it up, never give up on yourself
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!