Bridal Shower NSV...the battle continues

Options
Fleur933
Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
see also...NSV with a ring to it.

So...here we are folks. I've been on MFP for a little over a year now. I"m down, as of today, 48 lbs. It's been one of those yo yo affairs; where that 50 lb mark has been flirthing with me. The way I think of it I'm at about a lb a week of true loss; see ya, not comming back; no not even if you ask nicely.

As mentioned in my post listed above I became engaged back in September. It was an amazing day; with lots of successes; not just that he 'put a ring on it' :heart:

So, of course, as someone who'd been experiencing weight loss success I expected to be a'buff bride' just like on TV...untill...the holidays, and a new office and commute hit and suddenly those new pants I was going to shrink out of so fast it was hardly worth buying them, were tight. UGH.

So...at any rate, I'm kicking back into gear folks, starting to work out in the mornings before the aforementioned commute (isn't it true that when we work out we are more careful with how we spend those calories...sure I could eat that stale cookie; but I probably won't enjoy it, and I did not do those freeking burpees so that i cculd eat something I don't enjoy!) Trying to pack healthy options so I can avoid the temptations of the office snack day (whatever 'pizza dip' is I really don't need to consume it) etc.

Well...the yo yo ing coninues...HOWEVER..(sorry I'll get to the point eventually)...the other day I went to the mall to pick up a sweater I wanted and decided to quickly buzz through the dress department to see what I might find for my upcomming shower. Now, girls, I know you're with me...it's like princess day..the first chapter. I wanted somehting cute and girly, like the girls on TV wear...however at a aize **Cough** Sneeze** excuse me..it's tough to find somethign that's better than passable.

Well folks, I grabbed one off the rack, in the 'regular people' department, and it FIT (a little tight in the bodce) but it fit. The pleated skirt helps hid a multitude of sins, the empire waist is flattering...the size starts with a 1!!! This is a great moment for me. I don't have to compromise. I didn't have to settle for a plus size department offering that was just okay. I got a cute dress, a really cute dress in my humble opinion, that I feel cute in. And gals, again, you're with me, a cute dress, on the first try, less than $50.00...that's almost mountain top proposal happy.

So folks, 174 days till w-day...please, enourage me, remind me when you see the words 'tortilla chips' in my diary to slowy back away from them.

I will own this body; I will shine on my special day...I will make my self proud!

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    awww that must have made you feel so empowered! Well done you!
  • Fleur933
    Options
    awww that must have made you feel so empowered! Well done you!

Thank you!!! It was a good feeling! :)
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Congrats!!! That is so fantastic!!
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love your post. You should be proud of yourself! I had the same reaction when I actually got on a size 12 pair of jeans. I didn't buy them because they looked like I painted them on, but I got them on over my thighs and tush and got them buttoned! You go girl.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Good job! Everytime I'm tempted to eat something bad I tell myself "You're going on a cruise June 3rd...bikini!" and suddenly that slice of pizza or handful of funyuns doesn't seem so appealing. Maybe if you say "Remember wedding day!" everytime you want something bad it'll help. Goodluck and congrats :-)
  • Fleur933
    Options
    Thank you Naomi and Mabel and cm20 :) All the encouragement really adds up!
  • Fleur933
    Options
    Thank you Naomi and Mabel :) All the encouragement really adds up!

cmeade20- the current montra is 'wedding dress wedding dress wedding dress' both as a 'push it' during workouts and a resistance phrase for yumnmy temptations...seriously; frenchfries, are the devil
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That is such a great NSV! Keep persevering ^_^
  • Fleur933
    Options
    Thank you new friend! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!