Juicing

musikalmami237
musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
Was wondering if anyone had some yummy recipes for juicing? Just got a juicer and am experimenting with different flavors :) Would love some advice from anyone with experience! Thanks!

Replies

• lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    My Husband and I are using our blender to make healthy juices. We usually will put in about 1 c spinach, 1 c Kale, 1 c carrots, 2 c watermelon, and about 2 c of a dole frozen fruit blend with peaches, pineapple, strawberries etc and to thin it out a little while blending I add water or even coconut water. This makes a half gallon that will go us 2 days. When we pour a glass for ourselves we then add 2 Tbsp wheat germ and 2 Tbsp flax seed meal. We LOVE our juice.
  • dma1988e
    dma1988e Posts: 11
    Straight carrot juice is great. My favorite "green juice" is 4-5 kale leaves, 4-5 stalks celery, handful of spinach and 2 gala apples.
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Yum thanks everyone! Do you just log the calories as the vegetables themselves? Or is it less calories than the entire vegetable/fruit would normally have?
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 549 Member
    Many juices have already been input. Search for kale juice, celery juice, etc. There is also at least one group on MFP related to juicing.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Not meant as snark, but why not just eat the whole veggies/fruits? By juicing them, you're taking out all the fiber and leaving the sugar.
  • luv2balive
    luv2balive Posts: 4 Member
    My favorite morning juice is pineapple, orange, and watermelon equal parts. I add a tsp of green powder to it for extra phytochemicals...http://drbenkim.com/greens.html . It's a great way to start the day because I get 4 servings of fruit in one glass!

I made a juice yesterday that was surprisingly good. 1/2 beet peeled, 3 red chard leaves, 2 sweet apples, 1 green apple, small bunch parsley, 1/2 lemon peeled, quarter size slice of ginger. The beets are pretty strong so I watered it down a little (about a cup). It's kinda tart but boy is it cleansing and tasty!
  • luv2balive
    luv2balive Posts: 4 Member
    Mainly because the body instantly absorbs all the great phytochemicals and probiotics. Also I juice a lot and consume well over 20 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. It's hard to eat that much!
  • Dr Oz's Green dring is actually pretty good. I peel the lemon now, it was a little bitter with the peel on, and I cut back on the lemon a bit for my taste. I also only used 2 stalks of celery (I hate celery!!). All in all though, not bad for someone who loves the fruit juices, but is still trying to find veggie ones that I like!

2 cups spinach
    2 cups cucumber
    1 head celery
    1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
    1 bunch parsley
    1 apples
    juice of 1 lime
    juice of 1/2 lemon

here are a few that I have found:
    http://www.juicing-for-health.com/juicer-recipes.html
    http://blog.powerjuicer.com/juicing-recipes/
    also, juicingforlife on Facebook has a good forum
  • bb010380
    bb010380 Posts: 1 Member
    You should watch the movie fat,sick and nearly dead it is an amazing documentary i saw on netflix and it explains all the juicing. It is very interesting and i have become a juicer myself based on the film. I have not done a fast but have become a fan of many of the juices on the site :).
  • bump
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Carrot & ginger is my favourite!