Oops...I don't fit in my bridesmaid dress [NSV]

Options
2»

Replies

• dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yay!

I got measured for a dress at the beginning of November for a wedding that will take place in May. I could not, of course, try on any of the samples. They ordered the largest size they sell to accomodate for my fabulous hips (as hollered to me by a rando on the streets of DC one day).

In typical New Years resolution fashion (I resent that my life change is associated with that cliche) I started my weight loss journey on January 2nd. On Friday we went to our first fitting. I went into the dressing room to try it on and burst into laughter. 'What's so funny?' says the bride from across the shop. 'My breasts!' I holler out. ****, the dress had like four extra inches of room for a bust that I DO NOT have. Somewhat expected since my hips are the largest part of me, but it felt good to have them pull back and pin 4 or 5 inches of fabric all 'round.

As a result, we decided to hold off on tailoring it yet and will go back in the middle of April for my actual fitting. I've only lost 15 pounds and have 78 to go to reach my goal, but it's really about inches anyhow, and that felt good!

Love this!! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love this! I too started Jan. 2 and I got fitted for a bridesmaids dress at the end of Jan. I hope when we go back to pick them up that I am swimming in that dress. Also, when I got married, one of my bridesmaids lost a bunch of weight inbetween the fitting and picking the dress up. The store couldn't believe she lost that much weight and discounted the dress because they thought they had messed up and measured her wrong! lol.

Anyway..Awesome job! You will look great for that wedding :D
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Don't resent the new year resolution, embrace it! You will be proof that they can work, and possibly inspire others! Just be glad you made a change and be proud of yourself for sticking with it. NSVs will get addictive. ;)
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What an AWESOME NSV to have happen to you!

Isn't it Funny how some things happen!

Congrats on the Weight Loss!!!! I am sure you will Look Lovely in the dress!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!