Metabolism messed up?

Options
2»

Replies

• TreboryojevoL
    Options
    My wife was having real problems losing weight, as in no weight lost for months, and she too tried eating really low calories (>1000) per day and exercising, but her weight still did not budge.
    She finally went to see her Doctor and had blood work done, and that indicated there was nothing physically wrong, but she did give her vitamin B12 shots. This helped immediately by kick starting her metabolism.
    So my advice SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!! If you are consuming fewer calories than your body needs to function daily and still no loss, there is something wrong, whether it is physical or vitamin deficinces, either way they should be able to help.
  • deemarie1
    deemarie1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I eat about 1700 cal a day and haven't exercised for the last few weeks (too much crap going on) and in the last 2 weeks I've dropped 5 lbs. If you are working out so much, up your calories and take a day off. There is such a thing as working out too much. I usually do cardio for 1hour 3 days a week and weights for 1 hour 3 days a week and that's lots to maintain muscle and still loose fat. Your body will start to store EVERYTHING you eat if it thinks its starving. Up the calories. You may gain for a week or two until your body adjusts but then you will see really great results.
  • deemarie1
    deemarie1 Posts: 11
    Options
    :smile: I also take V B1, B6 and B12. Makes a big difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!