Question about having X amount of net calories under weekly

Options
Viewing my net calories for the week, at the bottom of the screen it says "2829 calories under weekly goal". This is before finishing my calories for today. What does this mean? Should I try eating more, and are these just extra calories in addition to those mfp has already limited me by setting my daily goal to 1200? I try to eat my exercise calories back but not if i'm not hungry.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    that means you have 2829 calories to eat until you reach your goal. eat them :)
    if you ate 1200 every day, they are your exercise calories that should be eaten so that you properly fuel your body. if you ate less than 1200 at any point those would be included in that as well. still need to be eaten :)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Some people get by only eating back half their exercise calories, or none at all though. Seeing as it's sunday I don't think I can or should just eat a days worth of calories along with today's, especially since i've no big workout today.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    BUMP for anyone who also has this problem
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i do it quite often, if i cant get my workout calories eaten on the day of the workout. i call it my make up day - some call it a cheat day. sunday is my rest day, and my day to make up any extra calories. somtimes i onlyget to eat my normal daily goal of 1845, some days i eat close to 3000, just depends on my week.

lots of people "get by" eating less than 1000 calories too - that doesnt mean its healthy and that they arent losing muscle. i also just had a peek at your profile and see days where you net as low as 300 - you say you dont want to be skinny, but fit. you need to eat to be fit and if your goal is 1200 a day, thats what you need to NET. though personally, i think 1200 is too low for most people. i was miserable on anything less than 1500
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Viewing my net calories for the week, at the bottom of the screen it says "2829 calories under weekly goal". This is before finishing my calories for today. What does this mean? Should I try eating more, and are these just extra calories in addition to those mfp has already limited me by setting my daily goal to 1200? I try to eat my exercise calories back but not if i'm not hungry.

It means that at that moment in time, you have logged 2829 less than your weekly goal calories.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    As you said, you haven't logged today. The other thing when looking at your diary is there are a couple of days you were way under. Add those and today up and there you have it. Most days you are fine but some days you are not eating enough. Use something not that filling like almond butter of you are not that hungry. It's calorie dense at 190 per 2 tablespoons. Or avocado. Both very healthy and very calorie dense.
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options

where do you find this information?? are you using some kind of phone app or are you seeing this on the website - and if so where exactly? I can't find it!

thanks!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

where do you find this information?? are you using some kind of phone app or are you seeing this on the website - and if so where exactly? I can't find it!

thanks!

It's on the weekly summary, on the phone app.
  • stef546
    stef546 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to eat all my daily calories when i'm exercising and find it easy when im not but if i don't eat enough, just the next day i can feel my body is more hungry and then i have to try not to overeat.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an extra 2829 cals to eat.... Burger and Fries here I come!!!