cravings after exercise?

What foods do you crave after you finish your exercise for the day? For me, it's always either peanut butter, bananas, or anchovies. Not together! But man, I can put down a whole tin of anchovies, easy, after a hike!

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    I crave Taco Bell after going at it at the gym. I know it's not a good choice. It's my weakness.
  • milatham
    milatham Posts: 19
    I crave Taco Bell after going at it at the gym. I know it's not a good choice. It's my weakness.

how funny! I used to love their bean burritos as a kid.
  • cjfrog
    cjfrog Posts: 4 Member
    Crunchy peanut butter is a definite for me. After a 90 minute swim at the pool, all I think about on the way home is have we got peanut butter in the cupboard......of course we do. Yum.
  • Its never anything healthy. Of course, but its also stuff I don't eat very often. But its usually a big mac, mostly for the onions and sauce (weird I know), and recently it was a hot fudge Oreo sundae :P
  • TanyaDelAngel
    TanyaDelAngel Posts: 50 Member
    I used to crave peanut butter, but it has a lot of fat, the best is a protein shake :D and helps with the cravings
  • milatham
    Its never anything healthy. Of course, but its also stuff I don't eat very often. But its usually a big mac, mostly for the onions and sauce (weird I know), and recently it was a hot fudge Oreo sundae :P

dude, the sauce! I crave that sometimes too. hot fudge sundae sounds amazing....
  • milatham
    I used to crave peanut butter, but it has a lot of fat, the best is a protein shake :D and helps with the cravings

hey, good to know! I adore peanut butter, but should probably rely on it less as a snack. Any favorite protein shakes or mixes you'd recommend?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    protein......I usually want my yogurt with protein powder or a luna bar.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    A huge crisp and cold apple. Preferably honeycrisp... But will settle for gala too... I rarely have apples in the house though so that's usually what I get if I go to the grocery store right after a workout