Looking to buy an Elliptical...help?

I'd like to buy an Elliptical....BUT I really don't want to spend over $200. After searching through different websites I think I have narrowed it down to two options...but now i'm not sure how to decide.
Any help would be great!
Or if you have any recommendations let me know

Option 1
http://www.meijer.com/s/weslo-momentum-ct-3-8-elliptical/_/R-182839

Option 2
http://www.meijer.com/s/stamina-dual-action-elliptical/_/R-165474

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    I have tried so many before i bought one. I like the ones with the biggest stride i could get. I feel, now this is just me, that if the stride is to short it's going to hurt the knees. again that is just me.
  • I took a look at both of those. They look okay but it's hard to say without the benefit of actually trying them out. I have a Smooth Fitness elliptical and I really like it. I got it at the recommendation of my son. His experience with ellipticals was through a gym he went to. Here is what I have come to realize about home exercise equipment. Like almost everything else, you get what you pay for. $200 is not much to spend for an elliptical. Therefore, there is a chance you may not get much in return and the thing will turn into a clothes hanger. After using mine for a while, I was in a sports warehouse and tried out some of the floor models. They were awful. I also had a chance to compare mine to those in a gym. They were a lot nicer than the ones I found in the sports warehouse. I'd suggest you take a look at some of the places that re-sell used exercise equipment. You might be able to try one out and see if you like the "feel." I think that's what it all comes down to ... how smooth is the thing when you are on it? If it is not smooth, you may find you hate getting on the thing and never get your value out of it. It's hard enough on some days to get on the things even if they are nice to use. Good luck in your purchase. I hope you find the perfect model for you.
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    I agree with the longer/larger stride mentioned above.

One thing - what about a USED treadmill? You can get a lot more for your money and there is usually all kinds of fitness equipment on Cragslist. Or put what you're looking for and what you're willing to pay in Wanted.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    I did not even know you could buy an elliptical for that little. Don't expect too much is all I have to say. Mine was about $1400 but has lasted about five years and is still working great.