Small Success - 24 pounds down & still going....

Options
2»

Replies

• hag101108
    hag101108 Posts: 22
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job. How did you manage to lose it so quickly?:smile:

Thank you everyone! It feels good to hear other people say it instead of the people in my life every day!

As far as what I'm doing, I think the biggest thing is I'm not eating out nearly as much and I'm getting exercise now. It used to be before this, I would possibly eat out all 3 meals of the day. Now I cook all my meals. I do have cheat meals. Usually it's on Friday and Saturday nights. I also allow myself to get breakfast out on Friday morning. My breakfast before was usually 8 piece nugget from Chickfila and a large coke. I would have that roughly 3-4 mornings a week. Now on Friday (which is my weigh-in day) I treat myself to a yogurt parfait without the oreo or granola (because I'm just not a huge fan of it). It's just sweet enough for me now and I usually have a small kids Coke with that. I was also a 1-2 liter Coke drinker a day before. Now I'm drinking 3-4 liters of water a day - since I started doing that, the weight has really started coming off.

I went from absolutely no exercise to walking close to 30 minutes a day. I believe that's also helped me a lot. I don't eat a lot of red meat anymore, usually chicken, pork, or shrimp.

The biggest thing though....my mind is set and I am going to do this. At this point there is nothing that I feel can get in my way. I've never felt this way before.

I'm also blogging about my journey if anyone is interested...

http://theyearwithoutexcuses.blogspot.com
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the good work.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference! You Go Girl!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Keep on pushing lady!! You look amazing!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Wow, you lost your belly! Great job!
  • meagan1000
    Options
    that is absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you look beautiful girl!
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I took pix of myself in the same outfit for every 10 lbs lost. I am about to take my 7th set of pix. I wore a pink shirt and black pants too! lol. I plan on posting mine (side by side) when I reach my goal of 145
  • countrygirl878
    countrygirl878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! That's so awesome :) Keep up the great work!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    you are doing great. looking great too. i know how hard it is.
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look great! (:
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Incredible success! Truly an inspiration!!!! Can't wait to see your continued successes!!!
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Big success! Great job!!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    NO weight loss is a "small success!" It's a huge win! It takes hard work and dedication! Good job!!!!
  • MaryRose84
    MaryRose84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    keep it up ! looks like u gained a smile !
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love how your pictures are in the same shirt, WOW! Keep up the great work, YOU ROCK!!!
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    OMGsh - you can really tell a big difference. Congrats! Keep it up :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!