I'm new

Options
HI, I'm new to the board!
I'm really looking forward to using this tool to help me keep track of everything. I sit at a desk all day, so this is convienent for me too!

Thanks,
Becky

Replies

• bsdurdak
    bsdurdak Posts: 14
    Options
    HI, I'm new to the board!
    I'm really looking forward to using this tool to help me keep track of everything. I sit at a desk all day, so this is convienent for me too!

Thanks,
    Becky
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, Becky!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome Becky

This site has been the one of the best things that ever happened to me. There are so much support, encouragement and motivation here. I wish you all the best:flowerforyou:
  • bsdurdak
    Options
    I think I need the most help with my diet. But, I'm just starting out so, hopefully, I won't get too bored with salads too quickly.

Any suggestions on diet?

I tried Atkins and I just couldn't stick to it. So now I'm just eating low fat.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My best advice is that it is a learning process & a lifestyle change. One cannot live on salads alone! Make yourself what you would normally make for dinner (or breakfast or lunch or a snack) & then plug it in here:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

to get the cals & nutritional information. That way you can see how much "normal" food costs you in calories, fat, sugar, etc... Log before you eat & then you'll have a better idea of what your day is going to look like.

Take your time & for the love of pete, eat more than a salad!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • bsdurdak
    Options
    Good morning,
    Well, this is day 3 of dieting for me.
    I did one hour of tradmill yesterday on my lunch hour at work and then I did one LONG hour of Zumba at my local rec center last night.
    I really hurt today.

Diet is going good. Yes 3babybeans, I am eating more than salads! I only eat them for lunch about 4 times a week.:glasses:

Does anyone else work full time and have kids here? I am still struggling with the guilt of taking time for myself at home and working out.:frown: