Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Polar FT7 last week, should arrive tomorrow - just in time for the start of my second year of working out. :D I'm going to start logging my burns on here, and eating back some of my calories when hungry.
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    Polar FT7 - I won't workout without it! Best investment ever.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I have the FT4 as well. Very easy to use and perfect for the average user. You don't need to wet the whole chest strap, just the two sensors on either side of the transmitter. Wetting the strap is essential for the transmitter to work properly. It promotes conductivity and prevents spike readings from your heart rate monitor giving you more accurate readings.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    FT-4. I love its simplicity and it works extremely well giving you all the data you really need.

Question though as to the models that are downloadable. Can you adjust the data you've downloaded? I.E the calories often required adjustement downward and occasionally upward based on input from machines that take into account load as the wrist unit does not.
  • Lmkurtz725
    Options
    You need to wet the strap in order for it to work correctly. On my HRM there are two spots on the strap that I lightly wet from the sink (just get my finger wet and smooth it over those two spots).
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Suunto T4D. It has stopwatch, doesn't look huge like pollars and has interval options, which i use a lot.
  • astrasburger
    astrasburger Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    With the FT7 and FT4 do they allow you to enter you height, weight and gender as well as age?
  • kazzamcamille
    kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes the FT4 has you enter all of that when you set it up and gives you rates of where you're heart rate should be. Mines between 130-170.
  • Richdogg38
    Richdogg38 Posts: 152
    Options
    SX Universal HRM
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. Yes i love it. Counts calories and gives you where your heart rate should be. I got it for 60$ at bodytronics.com :)

^^^THIS! It's a great tool!
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    Polar FT7 - Love it!

me too
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I might be the only one who likes Sportine lol but I have the Sportline duo 1060 and really do like it.
    Yes it might not be the easiest to use at first but honestly only took me a hour or two to figure it out. Chest strap is a bit wonky sometimes but other than that it does the job and I am happy with it.

To be honest I was going to go with the Polar FT4 but I got such a great deal on the Sportline I could refuse.

What ever you decide at least you will have people behind you to tell you how to use them :) Good luck with your decision!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 305 it is great but it is also a GPS and a Heartrate monitor does pacing ect ect ect way more than a HRM. I can upload the data to their website see my runs, HR, pacing all on a nice graph and I use it primarly to run outside and I love it.
  • cyn2555
    cyn2555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Question for you all - I had a heart rate monitor several years back and one thing I really did not like about it was that the chest strap (where the transmitter was) would rub my skin raw. I almost always had a little scab especially after running.

I would like another HRM but I don't want the damage to my skin.

Has anyone had this problem or was it just the design of older models?
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just got Garmin Forerunner 610s, they are amazing with the HR monitor, but it was pricey! They have gps which is really cool and a ton of features that I need to figure out.

My run the other day was 290 calories. When I put it into myfitnesspal for that time and pace, it told me 380.. so myfitnesspal definitely overestimated. I am glad to have a more accurate number.