Tattoo's

Options
Is anybody else going to get a "reached my goal" tattoo? Im halfway there and today I went in and got my back piece started... its going to take a few sessions and I intend to have it completely finished when I reach my goal.

Anybody else doing the same thing or have done the same thing? If so.... post pics!

Replies

• tortoise73
    tortoise73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If I had gotten a "reached goal" tattoo when I lost my extra weight three years ago, I'd be even more mad at myself now for having gained almost all of it back! :laugh: Seriously, though, whatever motivates/rewards you is wonderful. Good luck!
  • breezee313
    breezee313 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty far from goal, but yes, I would like to get a tattoo when I reach it. I'm about a third of the way there. I'm thinking a phoenix, to represent my new body and new self.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i wish i could LOL....i am almost at my goal weight though....so im thinking i wont have the money in the next month to get another tattoo...specially the one i really want LOL
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Im waiting until after I do my half marathon in June.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty far from goal, but yes, I would like to get a tattoo when I reach it. I'm about a third of the way there. I'm thinking a phoenix, to represent my new body and new self.

thats what Im getting... a phoenix and a dragon together, its actually going to be a cover up of a really messed up tattoo that Ive been meaning to fix for a long time, and figured when I get to my goal weight and actually get to wear a bikini in public, I want a pretty tattoo... I got the phoenix started today, and when I get to my goal, I will get the dragon. :D

I cant wait for you to reach your goal so I can see what yours looks like!
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    that's a good idea,any reason to get a new tattoo is a good enough reason for me/
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I get to my 24" inch waist goal and add some definition and tone, I want to start my back piece.
    I'm so excited :D
  • jessdb19
    jessdb19 Posts: 31
    Options
    Yep, getting my left outer thigh done...Ganesh in a clover field at night
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Im glad Im not the only one! My hubby though it was a rediculous idea.
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo if I were really satisfied with where I was physically, looks-wise and strength-wise. I already have two, though, and they are pretty big.. whenever I think about getting another one, I get scared of looking trashy. But it is a huge milestone. I'd probably get a tiny one, like a word or symbol on my wrist that I could wear my watch over. That way, I'd always remember how strong and committed I can be.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I"m going to have an angel and a siren going from my hip to under my breasts with arms outstretched towards my heart. I already had the pictures drawn and ready to go as soon as I start hitting 20lbs to my goal weight.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've decided to make the appointment for neck tattoo once I drop 11 lbs, and appt. for my half sleeve once I'm completely finished. Its definitely motivation to keep pushing forward!
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes! I will be getting a full sleeve done when i reach my goal.